Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SickF1fiftys Truck Build (White Thunder)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 05:26 PM
@jverderber1

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Default SickF1fiftys Truck Build (White Thunder)

Well I decided to do a build thread since I get alot of questions about how im running 37s on a 2wd and realizing how much my truck changed over the past years and give you guys a little more info.

So I got my 2004 F150 XL 4.6L from my dad when I was in the 11th grade. My dad moved his business to NY where he now lives and needed a F350 so I was very lucky and am still very grateful.

I drove it for about half a year to school and work and didnt really know much about cars/trucks but I slowly learned. I wanted to put an exhaust on first and thats what i did. Custom Flowmaster SIDO. Not much for HP but I love the sound. A couple months later I removed all 4 cats and ran it that way for a while. It was extremely loud and I got pulled over a couple times as well as dealing with catalytic converter and lean codes. So I put 2 Magnaflow cats in and its still loud just not as loud but I have no codes.

Next was my K@N 77 Series Intake. More of an HP gain and a deep throatier sound to add to the exhaust.

Next I had to save up for the bigger things. Picked up a 2 inch leveling kit for $100 and after a long summer of work I bought my Moto Metal 951s and my first Nitto Terra Grapplers 265 65 R18. Kinda small but they stuck out alot lol. I also got into a fender bender and upgraded to the bumper made for fog lights.

I did some minor offroading with it of course, but it was a little challenging with an open rear end.

Last edited by SickF1fifty; 09-12-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:27 PM
@jverderber1

After a while I wanted more of course. I got myself a Superchips Flashpaq but it wasnt until I graduated high school until I got the lift. After another long summer I bought the Pro Comp Stage 1 Lift. I found some used Mickey Thompson Atz 35 13.50 R18 to fill up the wheel wells too. And as an added bonus I got a Go Rhino light bar.

Then I did some exterior upgrades such as smoked tail lights and black housing head lights. More importantly it was time to get rid of my open diff, so i swapped an Auburn Pro Series Limited Slip and put in 4.56 gears to get my truck moving.

Then there was a freak accident where my stupid friends drove a camaro into my truck and then my house. The car was a POS and my friend was an idiot so the car took out my exhaust and then put a hole in the house. House and truck were both fixed and I got new tips (4inch) at no cost to me.

I did some smaller mods as well such as
1. Center console swap from an XLT
2. Lariet air vents
3. Tow hooks thanks to Boilerup15
4. 4 new speakers and Pioneer head unit
5. Throttle body spacer lol

Last edited by SickF1fifty; 09-12-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:28 PM
@jverderber1

So of course I was happy with the 6 inch lift at first but wanted a little more over time. I didnt wanna do a body lift so I took a chance and tried a unique idea. I bought some 4wd struts which are 2 inches bigger then my 2wd ones. I put those on in the front and an AAL in the rear on top of the 3 inch block that pro comp gave me and this was the outcome.

But the angles on my upper control arms were so bad that I couldnt get it aligned and the ride was very rough. So something had to be done so I bought some Camburg Upper Control arms and installed them. The angle was alot better and the ride was alot smoother.

I put some 37 Mud Grapplers on the back and some Interco M16s on the front. I bought them both at different times and the Mud Grapps were on backorder when I went for the other 2 so I got the M16s. Both great tires so far. I already have 10K on the Mud Grapplers and the wear is not as bad as I thought. They are a great mud tire in my opinion. The M16s are 2K old and since im 2wd I havent been able to really use them but when i rotate them to the rear ill find out how they are.

Just last month after some mudding I broke the pinion shaft in my Auburn Diff and bought an Eaton True Trac. I installed it myself but I was lacking air tools and the bolts that hold the diff in came loose and chewed my ring and pinion gears up. I had it professionally done the 2nd time and learned how to do it the right way for next time. I got my truck back finally and this is her currently.

There is always more I wanna do which would include
1. Power windows and locks
2. Sliding rear window
3. 5 inch block or new leaf pack to fix the sag in the rear
4. Efans and Underdrive Pullies
5. and im sure ill find more

I love my truck

Last edited by SickF1fifty; 09-12-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:30 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Nicely done. I remember being in high school having to slowly mod my car, it sucked but its almost more fun that way.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember when that Camaro crashed into the house and you put a thread up about it haha
Old 09-12-2010, 07:24 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil150
I remember when that Camaro crashed into the house and you put a thread up about it haha
Leave it to a cat-fish owner to run into a house. His mullett more than likely got in the way.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:55 PM
@jverderber1

Haha well its not something that happens everyday....or is it. I had to share it with you guys
Old 09-12-2010, 10:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SickF1fifty
Haha well its not something that happens everyday....or is it. I had to share it with you guys

good lookin truck, just wondering if you were planning on getting a set of oem fog lights.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:08 PM
@jverderber1

Yea i am going to get some OEM lights very soon. The only reason I haven't yet is because those little ones are really bright but I think its time. It just been one of those things that I have been pushing back and avoiding.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:16 PM
I Wanna Go FAST!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks awesome it has come a long way

Quick Reply: SickF1fiftys Truck Build (White Thunder)