Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SDDesigns 2018 SuperCrew XLT 4X4 V8

 
Old 09-24-2018, 08:49 AM
  #11  
Inmate
Thread Starter
 
sddesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Wharton, NJ
Posts: 761
Liked 340 Times in 241 Posts
Default

Got the cap installed Saturday and started the lower 1/4 black wrap...to be continued!

sddesigns is online now  
Old 09-30-2018, 10:25 AM
  #12  
Inmate
Thread Starter
 
sddesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Wharton, NJ
Posts: 761
Liked 340 Times in 241 Posts
Default

Finished up the black wrapping on the lower panels, b-pillars, and the fiberglass trim on the cap rear window.





The highlight of the blackout is the 1/4" black reflective between the black and the white, really looks great at night with light hitting it.




sddesigns is online now  
Old 10-01-2018, 09:37 PM
  #13  
Inmate
Thread Starter
 
sddesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Wharton, NJ
Posts: 761
Liked 340 Times in 241 Posts
Default

Picked my Raptor rear bumper caps from the powder shop.

sddesigns is online now  
Old 10-01-2018, 09:55 PM
  #14  
Sociopath Truckdriver
 
johnday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Barton City Michigan
Posts: 16,170
Liked 2,617 Times in 2,138 Posts
Default

That's gonna look good the way you're doing it. Are you gonna do anything with the front bumper?
johnday is online now  
The following users liked this post: johnday
sddesigns (10-04-2018)
Old 10-02-2018, 07:19 AM
  #15  
Inmate
Thread Starter
 
sddesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Wharton, NJ
Posts: 761
Liked 340 Times in 241 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by johnday View Post
That's gonna look good the way you're doing it. Are you gonna do anything with the front bumper?
Thanks, and yes, I have the argent front bumper on order and having that done too. I also ordered the Lariat honeycomb black grill with the white outline and the emblem with the front camera option.

This one...
sddesigns is online now  
Old 10-02-2018, 07:53 AM
  #16  
Sociopath Truckdriver
 
johnday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Barton City Michigan
Posts: 16,170
Liked 2,617 Times in 2,138 Posts
Default

That will work well. SE style heads too? I'm a believer in using and modifying OEM type parts as much as possible. You can pick up SE style heads aftermarket for much less than OEM. I don't actually know what's out there for an '18, but I used SpecD on mine, and no problems with leaking at all. That's only a suggestion, looks like you're doing pretty good on your own.
johnday is online now  
Old 10-02-2018, 07:59 AM
  #17  
Inmate
Thread Starter
 
sddesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Wharton, NJ
Posts: 761
Liked 340 Times in 241 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by johnday View Post
That will work well. SE style heads too? I'm a believer in using and modifying OEM type parts as much as possible. You can pick up SE style heads aftermarket for much less than OEM. I don't actually know what's out there for an '18, but I used SpecD on mine, and no problems with leaking at all. That's only a suggestion, looks like you're doing pretty good on your own.
Thanks for the compliments, I have been reading your build thread up to post 400 and have more things on my list...lol

I'm sorting out the taillight look with the chrome trim, I also hate all the chrome...lol
sddesigns is online now  
Old 10-02-2018, 08:08 AM
  #18  
Sociopath Truckdriver
 
johnday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Barton City Michigan
Posts: 16,170
Liked 2,617 Times in 2,138 Posts
Default

Thanks for looking at it! We tend to get off topic at times, but I like to interact like that, helps to get to know the other guys with the same interests.
There's a thread somewhere on here, can't even remember who, that he taped off the nonchrome areas, and painted over the chrome with red tint or paint on the lens. Came out very nicely, and a whole lot less $$ than a full replacement. Maybe he'll see this and reply.
johnday is online now  
Old 10-02-2018, 11:03 AM
  #19  
I like to eat.
 
Bigcat1185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,330
Liked 178 Times in 141 Posts
Default

Trucks coming along nicely.
Bigcat1185 is offline  
Old 10-02-2018, 11:22 AM
  #20  
Inmate
Thread Starter
 
sddesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Wharton, NJ
Posts: 761
Liked 340 Times in 241 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by johnday View Post
Thanks for looking at it! We tend to get off topic at times, but I like to interact like that, helps to get to know the other guys with the same interests.
There's a thread somewhere on here, can't even remember who, that he taped off the nonchrome areas, and painted over the chrome with red tint or paint on the lens. Came out very nicely, and a whole lot less $$ than a full replacement. Maybe he'll see this and reply.

I saw that too since I have the LED replacement bulbs which are working out just fine, the painting the chrome red is a good option.
sddesigns is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SDDesigns 2018 SuperCrew XLT 4X4 V8


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: