Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RayoVac's 2018 Magma Platinum CCLB

Old 10-05-2018, 03:19 AM

Received 158 Likes on 103 Posts
Default RayoVac's 2018 Magma Platinum CCLB

So first off, yeah... I don't actually have the truck yet. But thought I could start my build thread since I have some pictures of it and its first mod/add.
It's a 2018 5.0 Platinum Crew with 6.5 Bed. Loaded with about everything I could put on it, on it. The dealer has been sending teasers. Because of my work schedule I probably won't actually be able to get it until the first weekend in November... hoping I am wrong... but thats probably realistic.

This is delivery day right off the carrier:

Some other's from delivery day:

This is yesterday, it went to get some Tint. Did 20% on the fronts and a 5% on the windshield down to the AS1 line.

So unfortunately that is all for now. My Whipple gets installed probably in about 2 weeks. Hopefully I will have some more pictures to share then. Of course it would be better if I were the one taking the pictures, but for now... I can only be patient. I had them activate the Ford Pass request. So I keep an eye on it via the app. LOL My Wife teases me because I check on it all the time.

Last edited by RayoVac; 10-05-2018 at 03:22 AM.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:38 AM

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts

cool! Looks great. Nice color combination! Red interior looks pretty cool.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:07 AM

Received 801 Likes on 530 Posts

Looks awesome.. sub'd and ready for the ride!
Old 10-05-2018, 09:11 AM
TOTM Sept. '18

Received 3,057 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Nice...I agree with whoch, the interior looks really cool. Can't wait to see what you think of it after the Whipple is installed.

We with have to get some pictures of the two trucks together for the Michiana F150 Whipple Club.

Mike
Old 10-05-2018, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Ecks
Looks awesome.. sub'd and ready for the ride!
@Ecks I talked to Stephane two days ago. Apparently they had that lowered Race truck being built. Then after that a Roush Charger is going on a Mustang. Then your Whipple then finally me. I figure maybe two to three weeks before I am done. But again, I probably can't go get it until November. I am working pretty much every weekend in Chicago until middle of December, except for the first weekend in Nov where we will be in Indianapolis for the Monumental Marathon. Was thinking if I don't get down to get it before then, they are open till 7pm on Saturdays and even if I take a long time to finish the marathon... with a shower and 2 hours to Cincy... I could still get there that Saturday before they close. By the way I think this is the Race Truck they built. He said it was Lowered, Stage 2 Whipple, Oil Pump Gears and some other stuff I am forgetting. I have always been a lifted truck kind of guy, but man after seeing a number of these lowered trucks... it gives me pause. I would not want to go that low, but it makes me maybe rethink how i want the final look to be.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:53 PM
TOTM Sept. '18

Received 3,057 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by RayoVac
@Ecks I talked to Stephane two days ago. Apparently they had that lowered Race truck being built. Then after that a Roush Charger is going on a Mustang. Then your Whipple then finally me. I figure maybe two to three weeks before I am done. But again, I probably can't go get it until November. I am working pretty much every weekend in Chicago until middle of December, except for the first weekend in Nov where we will be in Indianapolis for the Monumental Marathon. Was thinking if I don't get down to get it before then, they are open till 7pm on Saturdays and even if I take a long time to finish the marathon... with a shower and 2 hours to Cincy... I could still get there that Saturday before they close. By the way I think this is the Race Truck they built. He said it was Lowered, Stage 2 Whipple, Oil Pump Gears and some other stuff I am forgetting. I have always been a lifted truck kind of guy, but man after seeing a number of these lowered trucks... it gives me pause. I would not want to go that low, but it makes me maybe rethink how i want the final look to be.
Perhaps it's the angle, but that looks like it's listing to the starboard side. Wonder what cab configuration that one is?

Mike

Old 10-05-2018, 03:44 PM

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Awesome build! Such a cool color.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:11 PM

Received 801 Likes on 530 Posts

Yeah he shot me a pic of this truck. Looks ridiculously awesome.
I love the look of lowered trucks but for all practicality purposes I wouldn't be able to do it myself.
Looks amazing though!

I plan to put a lift and 35x12.5's on mine once it's all done. Stephane shot me a pic of my truck on the lift for build.
Hopefully i'll receive delivery of it pretty soon..
Old 10-05-2018, 10:27 PM

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 10-25-2018, 03:35 PM

Slow but sure, things are progressing. After ordering the wrong version Whipple for my truck (Mustang version) the correct one showed up today. Its purdee.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RayoVac's 2018 Magma Platinum CCLB