Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rags' Whiteout 2010 Lariat Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rags' Whiteout 2010 Lariat Build

Hi guys, I got my 2010 Lariat a couple of years ago and have loved it! However, somebody changed lanes into me on I-70 around Christmas and I had to replace just about all of the bodywork on the front end, so I figured I'd make it prettier in the process. What do you think?

Mods:
-Front RoughCountry 2" leveling kit
-Rear 1" Spacers
-Rear air helper springs (for towing / keeping rear higher than front)
-Changed bumper from chrome to painted
-Morimoto XB LED Foglights
-AnzoUSA 111263 Black U-Bar Style Amber Projector Headlights
-EGR 783374 OEM Look Fender Flare
-Tires: Nitto Terra Grappler G2s in 295/70/R17
-Wheels: OEM Ford Raptor (gen 1?)
-RealTruck Hooped Nerf Bar
-Changed grille to another OEM grille (is it from the limited?)
-White emblem (obviously)
-OEM Bug Deflector
-Lifting bed cover (thought this would be a PITA but I actually really like how dry it keeps everything)

Questions for you guys:
-There's a gap between the bumper and grille where I can see the body clips if I get down level with it, it seems like there should be a piece of foam rubber or something in there, anyone know?
-Is it normal for the bumper to be open to mud spray from the tires (if it's really muddy it hits the fogs and comes out the front bumper around them... seems weird)
-I'd love to put some mud flaps on this thing so the hoop bars stay cleaner, but the large fender flares interfere with that, suggestions?
-I'd love to get a white emblem on the back, but I've got a backup cam, which means I have a little rear emblem that's mounted out higher, has anyone done this?
-I'd kinda like to do a little (illegal) LED mod for flashing people who are tailgating me, any suggestions on how to do this discretely without gaudy light bars etc on the back end?
-I'm thinking of putting clear-bra on everything on the front once the paint sets, any reason I shouldn't?

PS: I've used these forums a lot in my research of parts / options. I just never made an account until today. Thanks for all the help!

Last edited by RagsToRighteous; 03-27-2018 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Forgot bug deflector
Old 04-02-2018, 06:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RagsToRighteous
Hi guys, I got my 2010 Lariat a couple of years ago and have loved it! However, somebody changed lanes into me on I-70 around Christmas and I had to replace just about all of the bodywork on the front end, so I figured I'd make it prettier in the process. What do you think?

Mods:
-Rear 1" Spacers
-OEM Bug Deflector
-Lifting bed cover (thought this would be a PITA but I actually really like how dry it keeps everything)

Questions for you guys:
-There's a gap between the bumper and grille where I can see the body clips if I get down level with it, it seems like there should be a piece of foam rubber or something in there, anyone know?
-Is it normal for the bumper to be open to mud spray from the tires (if it's really muddy it hits the fogs and comes out the front bumper around them... seems weird)
-I'd love to put some mud flaps on this thing so the hoop bars stay cleaner, but the large fender flares interfere with that, suggestions?
-I'd love to get a white emblem on the back, but I've got a backup cam, which means I have a little rear emblem that's mounted out higher, has anyone done this?
-I'd kinda like to do a little (illegal) LED mod for flashing people who are tailgating me, any suggestions on how to do this discretely without gaudy light bars etc on the back end?
-I'm thinking of putting clear-bra on everything on the front once the paint sets, any reason I shouldn't?

PS: I've used these forums a lot in my research of parts / options. I just never made an account until today. Thanks for all the help!
If you ever decide you want your chrome bumpers back I'd gladly make the driver to CO to trade you . I just picked up a 2011 with chrome bumpers, and they need to go.

Last edited by Rosie; 04-02-2018 at 06:41 PM. Reason: added more.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@Rosie, unfortunately the front bumper was smashed up, which is why I replaced it 😬
Old 04-09-2018, 11:16 PM

Received 497 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by RagsToRighteous

Mods:
-Rear 1" Spacers
-OEM Bug Deflector

Questions for you guys:

Yes, the gap is normal unfortunately. We all think it sucks! Truck looks good regardless!

Quick Reply: Rags' Whiteout 2010 Lariat Build