Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The notmportant "build"

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 04:30 AM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default The notmportant "build"

What's up, I figure I'll start this to keep track of my progress. My truck is a 2014 Sterling Gray 3.5 Ecoboost. I dont actually plan on doing too much too it. My primary build is the M3 in my garage. While I say I don't plan on doing too much, I know how these things tend to go.
The pictures start with the day I brought the truck home. I then bought a limited grill. I didn't like it so I replaced it with the chrome mesh Latiat grill. I liked that but wanted to add the gloss black mesh Grillcraft grill inserts because I knew I was going to be installing gloss black wheels. I had to buy another grill to be able to use the Grillcraft inserts as they would not work with the chrome mesh inserts. I then installed OEM HID chrome trim headlights with the Osram CBI bulbs. Yesterday I finally installed my 20 x 9.5 et +12, Black Rhino wheels with 33 x 12.5 General Grabber ATX tires with the Bilstein 5100 2" level. Next up in the next week or so will be the final Grillcraft Black mest insert for the intercooler opening, the lowwr license plate delete trim, Lamin-X for the headlights and some LED fog light bulbs to try to match the CBI bulbs in the heaslights. After that will be the tow mirrors and a tonneau cover. I contemplating the FX2 front valance as well. Then I think I'm done...

Last edited by notmportant; 03-30-2019 at 04:35 AM.
Old 03-30-2019, 04:33 AM

A couple more. It's pretty conservative, but, I'm pretty psyched with it.

Old 03-30-2019, 11:11 AM
TOTM Sept. '18

Received 3,057 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Nice job!
Old 04-03-2019, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it....super clean! The current grille treatment is the only early Lariat/ KR style grille that Ive ever liked, and I have one! What is it?!? What is the dark screen overlay? Something aftermarket or custom? Not to copy your style....but Im totally going to copy that EDIT>>>>Im an idiot....just read your post and see that you called out what it was.... NIce truck though!

Last edited by Kang; 04-03-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:45 PM

Just added a few more items, the OEM tow mirrors, front license plate delete, lower grillcraft mesh grill over the intercooler to match the ones in the upper grill, and the Magnum RT steps.
Next is the Corsa exhaust, a catch can (not sure which one yet) and an OEM FX2 front valance.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:24 PM

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

beautiful truck my sterling grey brother! its definitely my favorite!

Old 06-04-2019, 05:55 AM

Thanks Kang and Massshole13sc! The grill overlay is the Grillcraft black MX grill.
I added the Corsa exhaust and the PTM OEM FX2 front valance. I like how the Corsa exhaust sounds, not too aggressive, and it has nice black tips to match my theme. I really like the FX2 front valance. I had a vision for the front of the truck, smooth, different, aggressive but not too much. I wanted to keep OEM parts as much as possible. So far I really like it. I also like that while the grill, bumper, headlights, and valance are all OEM, no truck was ever offered in this combination. Kind of unique. I have two, maybe three, items left. The Rx catch can in a couple of weeks. Then, I'll be grafting in 2015 fog lights buckets into my 2014 bumper. Afterward, I MAY get the power tow mirrors and maybe chrome skull caps.

Last edited by notmportant; 06-04-2019 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:58 AM

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

I really like this build. clean and subtle with a nice aggressive note. I picked up a set of OEM chrome projector housings that I've been back and forth about installing. seeing them on yours has made my mind up. guess I better get to morimoto and order the bulbs, ballasts and harness!
Old 06-04-2019, 03:00 PM

Thanks, I think the inside of the headlights are painted Sterling Gray as well so they look especially cool on a Sterling Gray, IMO.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:05 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Nice. How's the ride with those Grabber ATX's on the highway? Noisy?

Quick Reply: The notmportant "build"