Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 5 Alarm F150

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 06:51 AM
FDNY ENGINE 55

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default My 5 Alarm FX4

What's up brothers, I just picked up an 2011 F150 FX4 with 60k miles V8 5.0 the other day after trading in my BMW X5M 700HP Twin Turbo Beast...we have a second kid on the way and needed something a little more practical with a lot more room. I'm a NYC fire fighter (retired) Union Electrician and die hard car enthusiast...I was originally going to buy a Raptor but they already come almost fully moded from the factory and look bad ***...I know I would quickly get bored with it so I decided to look for something with a nice clean slate I could mod myself and make it look Raptor(ish)

Here are a few pics of the F150 along with a few other projects I'm working on and my old Beast which I already miss!

Mods List Below...I will be adding to the list as this build moves forward

Engine Mods
-Muffler Delete...Straight Piped
-K&N CAI

Exterior/Lighting Mods
-20% Tint
-Spyder U Bar LED Headlights
-Anzo Fiber Optic/LED Tail Lights
-Recon Black Smoked LED Third Brake Light
-NFAB Nerf Side Steps Painted With Linex
- GoRhino spray in cab bed liner
-50 Caliber Bullet Antenna
-Rigid Industries D Series Fog Lights
-Rigid Industries SRQ Reverse Fog Lights
-Raptoid Grille (PTM)
-Retrax Pro Retractable Tonneau Cover
-Bed Rug Full Bed Liner
-Powerfold Tow Mirrors

Interior Mods

-PAC NU-FRD Navigation/Video interface module to unlock the factory radio
-All Interior/exterior Lighting Swapped To LED
-Valentine 1 Radar Detector Hard Wired

Suspension/Brake Mods
-BDS 6'' Lift

Wheels/Tires Mods
-XD Series Matte Black Wheels
-Nitto Grapplers 35x12.5x20
Attached Thumbnails My 5 Alarm F150-rap1.jpg   My 5 Alarm F150-rap2.jpg   My 5 Alarm F150-rap-3.jpg   My 5 Alarm F150-rap-4.jpg   My 5 Alarm F150-rap-5.jpg  

My 5 Alarm F150-fullsizerender.jpg  

Last edited by Cattivo; 04-13-2018 at 08:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
TX-Ripper (01-15-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 07:09 AM

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

I've always been very intrigued by the X5M. Very sleek looking SUV with the Horsepower to make a car guy drool. That blue is gorgeous.

I do find it interesting that you decided against starting on the Raptor platform. I still think there would have been a lot that you could have done to it to make it yours. I just believe that there's so much "behind the scenes" that the Raptor brings that will be difficult to match.

Regardless, it's not my truck! Good luck in your build. White FX4's are one of my favorite looking trucks. I was picky in my options when looking used a month back, and I never could get a white or silver FX4 in the configuration I wanted.
Cattivo (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 07:30 AM
FDNY ENGINE 55

Originally Posted by nickf2005
I've always been very intrigued by the X5M. Very sleek looking SUV with the Horsepower to make a car guy drool. That blue is gorgeous.

I do find it interesting that you decided against starting on the Raptor platform. I still think there would have been a lot that you could have done to it to make it yours. I just believe that there's so much "behind the scenes" that the Raptor brings that will be difficult to match.

Regardless, it's not my truck! Good luck in your build. White FX4's are one of my favorite looking trucks. I was picky in my options when looking used a month back, and I never could get a white or silver FX4 in the configuration I wanted.
One of the main reasons why I didn't get the Raptor was because I couldn't find a 4 door or the color I initially wanted(blue) in my area...buying a new blue Raptor would of been my only other choice but with a newborn on the way and trying to buy a bigger home, the numbers just didn't work out in my favor. I haven't had a white truck in over 10 years now and this white FX4 was too clean to pass up
Old 01-10-2018, 07:34 AM

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Cattivo
One of the main reasons why I didn't get the Raptor was because I couldn't find a 4 door or the color I initially wanted(blue) in my area...buying a new blue Raptor would of been my only other choice but with a newborn on the way and trying to buy a bigger home, the numbers just didn't work out in my favor. I haven't had a white truck in over 10 years now and this white FX4 was too clean to pass up
Can't argue that.

Good luck with your new one on the way too! I have a two year old and it's quite the adventure!
Old 01-10-2018, 07:50 AM
FDNY ENGINE 55

Originally Posted by nickf2005
Can't argue that.

Good luck with your new one on the way too! I have a two year old and it's quite the adventure!
Thanks brother, kids are definitely an adventure...hopefully if all goes as planned, the image in my head will become a reality with this build
Old 01-10-2018, 09:48 AM
music man

Received 404 Likes on 228 Posts

Beautiful start.

I would be possibly be interested in purchasing your stock heads and tails when you pull them.
Cattivo (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 11:30 AM
FDNY ENGINE 55

Originally Posted by Pigman67
Beautiful start.

I would be possibly be interested in purchasing your stock heads and tails when you pull them.
Thanks brother, that would actually work out perfect for me since I already have way too many boxes in my storage room as it is...I can use the boxes the new lights come in to repack my OEM head/tail lights and ship them out to you
Old 01-10-2018, 12:07 PM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Good looking truck and nice start. Pretty similar to how mine started out actually.
Cattivo (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 12:26 PM
FDNY ENGINE 55

Originally Posted by 13fx4tx
Good looking truck and nice start. Pretty similar to how mine started out actually.
Thanks brother...I'll be going through your build a lot in the near future since it's so similar to mine
Old 01-11-2018, 09:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking rig

Quick Reply: My 5 Alarm F150