Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2017 5.0 XLT "Build"

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 02:56 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default My 2017 5.0 XLT "Build"

So I bought this new around August 2017 and did a few little things here and there:

Anzo switchbacks
Bakflip MX4 tonneau
LED fog bulb replacement
Knock off tow mirrors (manual and heated)
Stubby antenna
Weathertech floor mats
Weathertech rear wheel arch thingies
Tint

I was pretty happy but it was just my tow rig
My 2017 5.0 XLT "Build"-ogwkryp.jpg

Then in January on a trip to the dunes this happened, someone randomly slammed on their brakes and I was too close for the conditions and my payload. I was towing and had my Raptor in the bed plus a bit of frost on the ground

My 2017 5.0 XLT "Build"-hosszpu.jpg

I didn't let that completely spoil the day and teared up the dunes anyway..after the firemen cut away the bumper so I could drive haha.

My 2017 5.0 XLT "Build"-syyhqki.jpg

I got it back a couple of weeks ago, excited to get it back I decided it was time to give it some love so I added:

Bilstien 5100 all four corners, fronts set at 2.1"
Method 305NV wheels
305/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2s
AirLift Loadlifter Ultimate 5000 bags plus Air Lift 25980EZ WirelessOne (I really love this, change the height with my phone haha!)
LED headlight drop ins
Air dam delete

My 2017 5.0 XLT "Build"-3uhpc3a.jpg
My 2017 5.0 XLT "Build"-xxejiyi.jpg
My 2017 5.0 XLT "Build"-q7mf7pe.jpg

So now I appear to be involving in this "building" thing completely by accident. I'd like a dual exhaust exiting before the tire but since I'll tow and cover a fair amount of distance (two trips to So.Cal from Portland in the last 5 months or so) I want an exhaust note that isn't annoying, I guess what I'm after is purely cosmetic. Also contemplating a windshield tint, unsure how that affects night time driving though.

I'll trying to make my mind up on LED tail lights, I don't really like the Anzo Gen 2s so currently I'm thinking about the Recons. I wish the factory LED tails weren't so ****ing pricey!

Then further down the road some metal bumpers, I like the look but I'm undecided.

Any questions or suggestions most welcome!

Last edited by pdxF150; 03-02-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:49 PM

Received 497 Likes on 349 Posts

I'm also up in the air in the tail light dept. none of the manufacturers really make a light that tickles my fancy. I was thinking about the morimoto tail lights but I saw them in person and I don't really like what I saw. Truck looks amazing none the less!
The following users liked this post:
pdxF150 (03-02-2019)
Old 03-02-2019, 10:14 PM

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Truck looks good! I tooso t really like any of the aftermarket led tails. I tinted my stock halogen tails with some smoke tinted film from amazon. I was pretty happy with the results.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dunatic619
Truck looks good! I tooso t really like any of the aftermarket led tails. I tinted my stock halogen tails with some smoke tinted film from amazon. I was pretty happy with the results.
This has crossed my mind too, I could do a light tint and replace the bulbs with LED. I guess I just like the look of light bars on tail lights.

Quick Reply: My 2017 5.0 XLT "Build"