Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2010 FX4 Scab Oxford Budget Build (Opinions Welcome)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 11:01 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default My 2010 FX4 Scab Oxford Budget Build (Opinions Welcome)

First of all just want to say hi to everyone here at the forum as im fairly new to posting on here. With that being said I have relied countless times on this site for guidance on exactly what I wanted and needed along the way. So I have here my 2010 f150 FX4 Scab with the 5.4. I picked it up back in November last year with 29000 miles on it for a good price. it started with zero mods. First mod was gotts thanks to the forum, which makes a noticeable difference in engine sound and as seen on a post dyno's an added 7rwhp and 7 ft/lbs of torque for free. Next I threw a K and N filter in the box and left the intake alone from there. For exhaust I bit the bullet on performance and went with a flowmaster 40 SI/DO with tips behind both rear tires. Looks really nice and sounds amazing, fell in love with my engine and exhaust combo. From there I knew stance/wheels and tires were coming next. I eventually want to go to icon coilovers and rear shocks but everything in stages. I went with the Autospring 2.5 and left the rear alone. decided on 285/70r18 toyo open country mt's on xd monsters +18 (I believe). I loved the look and the tires performed awesome in the snow we got this year. while browsing craigslist I stumbled on some raptor headlights and taillights for a great price and threw those on. they look very nice for little to nothing invested. I also found a steal on a basically brand new undercover classic tonneau cover in black and put that on. works great and looks awesome. very water tight. I have also done the polyfill mod for the sony sub and it does make a noticeable difference. another inexpensive mod that really can be enjoyedevery day. Lastly (So Far) I sprayed bed liner in the rear wheel wells to hide the white bed and really tie everything together. there is probably more but I cant think of it now. if you have any questions about anything I have done or bought feel free to ask. I will update as I go soon to come SCT tuner an 5 star custom tunes. possibly pocket flairs. eventually coilovers, retrofits, sound system improvements, and im sure more! overall id say im under 3k in everything done as compared to stock and its a whole new truck that I thoroughly enjoy. any helpful ideas or opinions are also welcome!

Old 04-02-2014, 11:03 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

very nice, thanks for sharing
Old 11-15-2014, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awsome build!! how do those flowmasters sound?

Quick Reply: My 2010 FX4 Scab Oxford Budget Build (Opinions Welcome)