Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2003 F150 King Ranch 4x4

Old 06-22-2013, 10:43 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default My 2003 F150 King Ranch 4x4

Bought this truck back in December (of 2012) as a replacement for my 07 Ranger. Wanted something nice, but not very expensive as it only gets driven on the weekends, if that. This 03 KR was a perfect match. Very clean, was taken care of, and was selling for the right price.

When I brought it home.

The KR seats were in great shape compared to some others I've seen

First thing was cranking the torsion bars to level it out (can be seen in all other pics) and some lighting corners.

Put some lights behind the grille

Had the exhaust redone with a magnaflow straight through muffler and kicked it out before the rear pass side tire. Now that the muffler is broken in, the truck sounds amazing. Quiet at idle, but growls loudly when prodded. haha

I then installed a pioneer app radio and the 12" sub w/1000w kenwood amp I had in my ranger

Can't forget the custom made truck holster for my 1911

Cut down and installed expedition roof rack

Old 06-22-2013, 10:44 PM

Tinted tails

Had HID's in the clear housings, but quickly grew tired of them, so did a projector retrofit on some lighting headlights, then painted the housings to match the gold trim on the truck

Scored a bed extender on craigslist for 60 bucks. My original dealer sticker listed one as one of the options included with my truck, but it did not come with it.

It then received some wheels. 17x9 Level 8 Strike 5's

Then some 09+ 4x4 decals. Although I ordered the wrong gold, so the lighter gold ones are on the way and I will get them put on as soon as they get in.

The truck also recieved LED's throughout the interior and exterior. Only incandescent's left are the turn signals and taillight bulbs.

And finally, we come to today, where I built a box for my 12" sub to go behind the seat. The only box I found for sale to go behind the back seats, was for a 10, all the others go under, and therefore you can't fold the back seats down. I fold them down quite often for the dogs, because you can imagine they easily scratch the leather otherwise. The sub barely clears the seat bracket and back of seat. PRobably too much sub and not enough air space, but if it poses a problem, I will buy something less powerful that is more suited for this size box.

The ultimate purpose of this truck is to have a nice weekend driver/road trip vehicle that I can mod and enjoy at the same time. It will likely see a little bit of lift and some 35's or 37's if I want to regear. I paid cash so I wouldn't have to have a payment. But i'm having a hard time not wanting something newer. I wouldn't be surprised if I traded it in within the next year or two for a raptor or 09+ king ranch. The wifey gets a new car first though, so I have to wait my turn. :P

Will keep this updated as I go!

Last edited by Tys 4x4; 06-22-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:21 PM

Correct colored 4x4 decals came in. Peeled the old ones and stuck the right ones on.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:17 AM

Black billet grille installed, and one of the large FORD emblems as seen on the raptors is on the way.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:12 AM

Got rid of the Chrome on the front bumper

Old 07-13-2013, 10:56 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks great! Did you paint the bumper yourself?
Old 07-13-2013, 11:05 AM
Batmobile

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Tys 4x4
Got rid of the Chrome on the front bumper
I like it! I love a lot of white on a white truck. Looks good.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by jlogicalor
Looks great! Did you paint the bumper yourself?
I used plastidip actually, to get an idea if I'd like it or not.

I will eventually have it painted or might do it myself. Not sure. i have a gun and air compressor.

But I'm tempted to try matching it to the arizona beige on the rest of the truck.

For now, the white plastidip will probably stay until I feel like changing it up lol
Old 07-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Resident light whore

Received 751 Likes on 614 Posts

You should try the tan the rear bumper, I hear it matches well.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:09 PM

I'd like to. But for something like that, I think I'd want to have it professionally done.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 2003 F150 King Ranch 4x4