Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang's budget build/DD/constant project

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Just call me sean. Really

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

Default Mustang's budget build/DD/constant project

Hey guys, figured I'm put up my own little build thread here.

It all started back on September 25, 2009. Bought this gem of a truck for $200 with 142k on it and the only mod being true dual straight pipes. Needed basic fluid change and all was well.

First mod was to replace that UGLY! OSU plate. Ewww

After that the truck sat on my driveway for a while because I didn't have a job, the joys of being unemployed but having enough savings to buy this truck at 17. Anyways, through the time I didn't use it much, it got constant stereo upgrades, but very budget minded ones, using speakers I had laying around, just to make it decent sounding. Then I got a Sony head unit for christmas that year.

I scored a job 3 months before 18 and the first thing I did was buy a toolbox. I don't count it as a mod because I needed it for some storage space

The modding was finally able to start on my 18th birthday, when I purchased new tires (31x10.50) and some stock wagon wheels from the junkyard I painted black.

Next up was smoking the tails in spring break of my senior year

After that came just after I graduated this last summer. 2.5 inch leveling kit!

Old 09-18-2011, 10:31 PM

After getting leveled, I had to test out my newfound height lol

And my most recent mods to date have all been about the front end of this truck. One was HIDs for all the back roads I drive for work and to my girl friends. These things paid for themselves within a month when I saw a couple massive hogs run on the road and stop. I was able to stop before getting to them, never would have happenend with the stock lights. Second is the one I think has really transformed the front of this truck, and that was just simply painting the interior of my grille

Hopefully you guys all like my old 2wd, I'll keep this updated as I add more. I know there's more I didn't write in, but those are in my sig and don't have pix to go with them
Old 09-18-2011, 10:33 PM
GIGGITY

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey man. Ever thought about plasti-dipping your bumpers???
Old 09-18-2011, 10:37 PM

Never haha

If this truck was an XL,Custom or something I would, but I'm trying to keep the "upscale" Lariat look. That and I love all the chrome

If I end up with a little Ranger or something to DD, I might plasi dip the whole thing haha, just not the F150
Old 09-18-2011, 10:38 PM
GIGGITY

Chrome plated plastic is a joke. My grill and headlight/windshield bezels look like crap. Im thinking about painting it all black, just havent decided if i want to sand the bumpers and what not. I dont think many people would want to buy em anyway
Old 09-18-2011, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Wondertwin1
Chrome plated plastic is a joke. My grill and headlight/windshield bezels look like crap. Im thinking about painting it all black, just havent decided if i want to sand the bumpers and what not. I dont think many people would want to buy em anyway
Mine must be in better shape. The chrome on my grille was pristine, I just wanted a different look. The headlight bezels have like 1 inch section of wear and the corner bezels are fine. Windshield... It's just coated in crap but I know if I polish it it will come around.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:46 PM
GIGGITY

I cant keep it clean either. What else do you have planned?
Old 09-18-2011, 10:56 PM

Plans that are left:

1) Connect up my second 55w driving light from the grille on the back bumper, I love seeing behind me in the dark.
2) When these 31s are done for, which at this pace will be forever, I'm getting 32x11.50 unless I find the money for a gear swap, in which case I'll run 33x12.50s.
3) Regardless of tire size, I'm getting 15x10 rims with 4 or less inches of back spacing
4) Bull bar/Grille Guard thing for the front
5) Dark tint

Interior wise, the truck will get the seats out of an old caddy for ultimate comfort, and tomorrow I'm mounting up the tweeters for my system in the front cab corners by the windshield. And finally a dash or A-Pillar pod of gauges including Oil Pressure, Coolant Temp, and probably Volts.

I'm not thinking too much on mods right now because a college budget is tight
Old 09-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Rammer Jammer

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
If this truck was an XL,Custom or something I would, but I'm trying to keep the "upscale" Lariat look. That and I love all the chrome
^^ yes chrome looks good on this year truck and blacking it out would just ruin the look, I like the way it is good job
Old 09-19-2011, 12:44 AM

Thanks general, glad you like!

If anyone has any mod ideas I'm always up to hearing them.

Quick Reply: Mustang's budget build/DD/constant project