Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for ideas: dd/hunting truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for ideas: dd/hunting truck

So while I am waiting on my car to sell so I can go pick out a truck I am trying to budget and plan for parts/mods I want for the truck. I plan on getting the a 2011 or newer f-150 with the 5.0 for sure, cab size doesn't matter but it won't be a single cab. This truck will be my daily driver (30 mile round trip right now) as well as my hunting/fishing truck so the mods/upgrades need to be functional towards both. For example, a 6" lift and 35" tires would be good for the hunting/fishing aspect but are not reasonable for me as a daily driver. What WOULD make since is maybe Bilsteins all around and 33" tires. Upgrading to new rims serves mostly as an aesthetic upgrade and doesn't provide much function other than helping fit big tires which I already discussed. My driving is probably a 50/50 mix of street and off-road so mud tires don't make sense but something semi-aggressive does that would be mounted on stock rims, see what I am getting at? So for a daily driver that doubles as a brush busting, mud slinging, get to that hard to reach honey hole type of truck what kind of mods/upgrades do you guys suggest?
Old 01-16-2014, 02:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 2005 F150 but I am in same situation as you, I just installed the Bilstein 5100 and I run a 32" Dura Trac tires. I have been running these tires for 2 years with a level kit and have been very pleased with it in all situations plus there relatively quite and are wearing well.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:41 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Level it out and throw on some bfgoodrich t/a ko tires.

Quick Reply: Looking for ideas: dd/hunting truck