Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lighted Bull Bars

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lighted Bull Bars

I plan on installing a bull bar on my 2014 FX4. I'm considering the Lund bull bar w/20" light bar. My question is Why couldn't the light bar be wired into the fog light circuit? I don want to drill a hole in my dash to accommodate a switch..

Thoughts?
Old 05-29-2017, 12:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

It could totally work. A typical relay has 4 posts:

Find the relay in your fuse box (most likely the one under the hood, find the wire coming out of the 87 post on your fog light relay and tie into that.

If you are looking at avoiding drilling holes in your new truck, look at my build thread at my light bar install. I used a dimmer/brights switch off a 60's F-100 on the floor so i can turn it on and off quickly.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKLman

Hey thanks for your reply. I like the idea of a floor mounted dimmer switch. I didn't even think about that, but I see how that could work!

Thanks
Tjconkster
Old 05-29-2017, 05:50 PM

Received 199 Likes on 156 Posts

I tied my light bar into my high beams through a switch to the relay. That way if the switch is 'on' the bar is activated by my high beams, if the switch is 'off' then my high beams operate as normal.

Just another thought.