Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jake6’s 2011 Oxford White XLT Eco Screw

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 02:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jake6’s 2011 Oxford White XLT Eco Screw

Hi everyone, been a long time lurker on the site, and have gathered so much information and ideas from you guys since buying my truck last July, so I figured it’s about time to introduce my baby! It’s a 2011 Screw 3.5 EcoBoost 4x4. I bought it with 67k miles, and aside from a dinged up tailgate it was in pretty great shape. It came with a leveling kit already installed (i think). Anyway, the mod bug came in full effect soon after buying and i haven’t slowed down since. Mods/upgrades done so far include:

OEM HID Retrofit Conversion w/ EVOX-R 2.0 projector & CBI bulbs
iPad mini dash install
SCT X4
275/60r20 Falken Wildpeak AT3W
OEM Remote Start w/ wire extension to headliner
Ebay Towing mirrors w/ LED puddle lights
Rampage Slimline Nerf Bars
42” Auxbeam light bar behind grill
Tyger Rolock tonneau
DeeZee tailgate assist
Powdercoated Bumpers
4x4 Off-road matte black bed decals
Cerwin Vega 10” powered sub
Aftermarket Fender Flares

And my latest mod (just installed today) is my Boost Bars Raptoid grille, i absolutely love it. It completely changed the look of my truck for the better. I decided to go ahead and paint it myself with automotivetouchup.com paint. It could use some wet sanding and a polish i think, but I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.

As mentioned earlier, when I bought the truck it had a dinged up tailgate, and last week i was able to score a used one in great condition for $200, now my truck is dentless! Just need to remove the Flex Fuel badge since my is an Eco.

Im not sure how to post pictures, but i will try and get some posted of the transformation. Unfortunately a few months ago my phone crashed and i lost about 5,000 pictures, including all the ones of my truck early on in the modding process. I have a couple of more things on the to do list, as well as a big upgrade coming this weekend, I’ll make sure to update when that all gets done!

I wanna say thanks to everyone on the site for giving me inspiration for my truck and sharing so much information that has made the work easy to do myself!

I’ll try to post the pictures as chronologically as possible, as you’ll see, i bought it with a canopy (didn’t match, was platinum color) and ended up selling it to help fund other things i wanted. You’ll also see that i had a paramount Raptor grill for a while and just wasn’t that pleased with the look, so i ended up selling it, putting the chrome 6 bar back on, and saving up for the Raptoid.

If you guys have any questions don’t hesitate to ask!

Old 04-07-2019, 09:01 PM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

sweet rig man! what is your suspension setup?
Old 04-07-2019, 10:01 PM

Thanks man! When I bought it it had rear airbags, one didn’t hold air and the other was loose and making a very annoying clunking noise, so i ended up taking them out and replacing with factory bump stops. As of now suspension is stock, but would like to install Bilstein’s at least in the rear when finances allow me to do so!
Old 04-07-2019, 10:11 PM

This weekend I had the Alpine Halo9 ilx-f309 installed, and so far am a big fan. I’ve had the iPad mini installed in the dash for about 6 months and while it looked really cool, i didn’t care much for the functionality of it. The offline maps stunk, getting Sync to boot up Spotify was a pain, I wasn’t able to control EQ, and there is no way to hardwire up a backup camera to it, so i decided to do away with the iPad.
The new Alpine comes with Apple CarPlay which is very convenient, and i had a backup camera installed. The backup camera is pretty disappointing, in daylight the picture is lacking and at night it’s almost completely useless, so i think i may bring it back in this week and try out a different one. Other than the backup cam I’m really happy with the set up, was able to retain all steering wheel functions, i like the added cubby tray for my wallet and phone, and it just looks badass!

Quick Reply: Jake6’s 2011 Oxford White XLT Eco Screw