Hello all, this is my first post. Great to be here.
A good friend sold me this truck for a great price. I’ve decided to name him ChuckNorris.. He runs well; tough as nails. ChuckNorris was used as a work truck for a grading business, and he came to me with the bumps outside and red clay inside to prove it.
ChuckNorris will be a tough truck that also looks tough. Chuck will get budget-friendly treatment for now, but my hope is that the craftsmanship will not be budget on my end.
I'll post progress here as I go along.
I started on this past weekend with the interior restoration work. I hope to have the inside of the truck finished up this week. Once that is completed, the exterior and maintenance work will follow in the weeks/months ahead.
I did a rough sketch to see how my final plans for Chuck’s resto-looks might end up :
Here is what is planned for this project:
- Thorough cleaning
- Headliner re-wrap
- LED lighting conversion to the following: cluster, climate control, headlamp switch, door/courtesy lamps; map lights & dome light, cigarette lighter, glove box
- Aftermarket radio and speakers
- LATER: Bass-tube behind Drivers Seat
- Adjust loose transmission shift arm
- Replace a few worn/missing parts
- Matching Tint applied to front windows
- Front windshield banner
- Patch small hole on LH side of drivers seat
- Alarm w/ keyless entry
- Thorough cleaning of entire chassis: exterior, wheels (inside also), undercarriage, engine bay, and inner door jams/fuel door.
- Light buffing/paint correction w/ cheap Autozone buffer
- Touch up paint on about 20 scratches
- Correct RH tail lamp dent; patch paint
- Correct RH rear door panel; patch paint
- Correct bump on LH lower door fascia
- Herculiner (roll on) applied to all lower fascias, fender liners, bumpers, front grille, tow hook (sans ball), and roof (yes, the roof).
- Plasti-Dip All Badges
- Plasti-Dip OEM Wheels
- Window Vent Visors
- Degrease/Wash inside of all exterior lights
- Source and install clean/crack-free OEM taillights
- Sand-Buff OEM headlight lenses
- Tint spray/Buff Headlights, Parking Lamps, Tail LIghts, Dole-light (if legal)
- Apply fresh black paint Under-carriage and exhaust piping
- Chrome bolt on tip for exhaust
- Clean bed; apply “Forever Black” Bedliner Gel
- Clean and apply Duplicolor Trim Black paint to the following: wiper cowl, wiper arms, tailgate handle, rear step board, inner front grille mesh, rear window trim
- Install fresh wiper blades
- Locate/Select black “4x4” decals for sides of truck (rear)
- LED conversions to all rear exterior bulbs
- Later: Bull Bar w/ a winch and Hella fogs (or similar)
- Much Later: Possible fresh Oxford White paint on non-bedliner surfaces
- Fresh air filter
- Oil Change; add Engine Restorer
- Add Sea Foam to fuel tank/crankcase
- Radiator drain and fill
- Track down current/known oil leak
- LATER: cold/ram air intake
- LATER: possible custom exhaust
To finish up my first post, here’s a bevy of “before” shots: