Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 STX Blacked Out Budget City Slicker Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 10:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2018 STX Blacked Out Budget City Slicker Build

Sharing my 2018 STX Ecoboost build, with only a couple hundred dollar of upgrades all of them being DIY. Daily driven and long commutes in a city environment-South Florida.

So far
  • 2.5 Inch Leveling kit Mammoth from American Trucks ~ 90$ - Did it myself big job took all day, no noticeable changes in driveability
  • 1.5 inch rear block kit from Amazon ( I bought the opened box unit ~ 60$ since the blocks are made of steel they came looking brand new along with new u bolts)
  • LED Kit for Convenience running board lights. Amazon kit, I tapped into the cargo lights and added LED to the Cargo lights to lower the load on the circuit
    • Really liked this kit, it was about 50$ it came fused and the construction appears super sturdy for outdoor use. I can post the links.
  • LEDs in fog/low beams - Techmax Amazon Bulbs ~50$ Re positioned headlight to account for lift and reduce stray light
  • Plasti Dip Emblems, front, rear, and side 20$
  • Plasti Dip Stocker Wheels 45$ . Looked glossy at first after about a year starting to get dull. Need some new wheels! Thinking about going for Fuel Assaults
  • Front Headlight Tint -Light Smoke. Looks nice not worried about light output as LEDs are super bright. ebay pre cut vinyls 22$
  • Rear Tail Light Tint- Dark Black Vivid Air Release Tint Amazon -12$ . Custom hand cut out with razor blade . these tail lights were not easy to tint as a first time tinter.
  • ForScan disable Auto Start Stop - Windows Up via Remote - Ford GT animation.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:04 PM

Received 765 Likes on 462 Posts

aw man....I do LOVE the blacked out look. Sweet looking truck.

Quick Reply: 2018 STX Blacked Out Budget City Slicker Build