Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 platinum build (NEED ADIVCE)

Old 05-22-2018, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 platinum build (NEED ADIVCE)

so I have been lurking for a while and decided to get some help from fellow owners. So far my build has 35 ridge grapplers, 2.5inch leveling kit and tint. My next upgrade I want to complete the outside appearance is to delete ALL chrome and color match (pearl white) I’ve called several shops around town from custom shops to vinyl shops and they say it’s not a good idea, will be to expensive, or painting will not last and chip/rub off on door handles and bumper.. seems like this would be a easy job for a custom shop/collision shop but I guess they don’t want my money? Anyways, anyone have experience with this? I want the tailgate color matched where it says platinum and the letters black, door handles, mirror caps, window trim and grill I want color matched. Here is some pictures of the truck thus far. Anyone have ways of doing this solo? Or a type of shop I should be asking specifically? I’m in northwest Florida.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:31 PM

Received 197 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Fla904
so I have been lurking for a while and decided to get some help from fellow owners. So far my build has 35 ridge grapplers, 2.5inch leveling kit and tint. My next upgrade I want to complete the outside appearance is to delete ALL chrome and color match (pearl white) I’ve called several shops around town from custom shops to vinyl shops and they say it’s not a good idea, will be to expensive, or painting will not last and chip/rub off on door handles and bumper.. seems like this would be a easy job for a custom shop/collision shop but I guess they don’t want my money? Anyways, anyone have experience with this? I want the tailgate color matched where it says platinum and the letters black, door handles, mirror caps, window trim and grill I want color matched. Here is some pictures of the truck thus far. Anyone have ways of doing this solo? Or a type of shop I should be asking specifically? I’m in northwest Florida.
Honestly not sure what your shops are saying. I prefer chrome bumpers for scratches and chips, but to me painted plastic and plastic chrome both can be scratched pretty easily. I don't know of any shops up there but I would contact the member: boostedgreygoose He has a build thread in this same section too. I believe he lives in that part of Florida and I know he is having some larger parts painted. I had the member: mbullock do my mirror skull caps after boostedgreygoose recommended him, but he is pretty far so to ship your large parts would be very expensive.

Edit: truck looks sweet. How much did those tires affect the ride and road noise?
Old 05-23-2018, 03:49 AM

Received 357 Likes on 262 Posts

I would keep the grill and tailgate metal because they match the wheels and aren't super shiny like chrome. Take the 4x4 sticker off.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What’d You ever decide? I just got my 17 White Platinum tinted today.... Talked to my installer about wrapping my grill. He told me it’s a tough job to wrap I one sheet because of the angles inside the mouth of each bar (platinum grill) it could be done, but he recommended multiple pieces to do it right. Meet them up at the seams/inside corners to prevent over stretching and lifting with age.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 platinum build (NEED ADIVCE)