Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Lightning Blue Overland/Street Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 01:14 AM
Just a man

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Default 2018 Lightning Blue Overland/Street Build

Well I am now on my 3rd F150 and have been progressively building them more and more each time. I thought it was time to finally create a build thread. Here is my new girl parked beside my old girl last Saturday when I got her. I have a long list of mods in my head. Here is how I got her:
2018 Lightning Blue Lariat 501a Screw 3.5 EB 3.55 gears. Since it started life as a 501a Lariat, a lot of what I wanted was already there.

I was able to take almost everything off the old truck except for PPF, Tint and spray in Bed Liner
I will be putting my Leitner Designs ACS back on with my Fox 2.5 rear shocks, Full-Race CAC, Warn winch and Swarfworks Winch Plate. Only had a level kit on the old truck and left it on when I traded so I will be getting Fox 2.5 Leveling Coils in the front with BDS UCA's

I plan to add:
Heated Raptor Wheel
360 Camera
Super Duty Upfitter Switches
And some aftermarket mods

Here are some pics of my old truck before I returned it to stock. The family and a lot of great Overlanding trips in her but I am looking forward to the new build and many more trips to come.

Last edited by hybridtuner; 03-10-2019 at 09:43 PM. Reason: changes
Old 03-10-2019, 09:55 PM
Just a man

Added PPF to the Nose of the truck and 35% tint to the 2 front windows. It was done by Elite Auto Salon in Colorado Springs and I must say with the new plotters they use to cut the film and the quality of the new films, it came out amazing. They did a top notch install and now I don't have to worry about all the rocks in the road chipping the front end. Rocks are all over the road here, especially in the winter form the stuff they put down to get traction in the snow. It is amazing how much some window tint changes the look of the truck.

Old 11-20-2019, 01:22 AM
Just a man

Well I have been trying to get a few things done so I figured it would be time to post an update. I added my level kit and got a set of 18 raptor bead locks. Also took off the chin spoiler.

The following users liked this post:
mcarrer91 (12-08-2022)
Old 02-10-2020, 01:44 PM

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

I really like the height and wheel combo, can you be more specific on what you purchased or installed to get that look?

Fox 2.5 leveling coils in the front only?
What are BDS UCA's?

I ask because I am getting a new truck soon and I like the way 35" tires look, which from what I understand requires a 3" lift on our 150s. I'm trying to learn, obviously have a ways to go
hybridtuner (02-20-2020)
Old 02-11-2020, 12:36 PM
Just a man

Originally Posted by mraz72
I really like the height and wheel combo, can you be more specific on what you purchased or installed to get that look?

Fox 2.5 leveling coils in the front only?
What are BDS UCA's?

I ask because I am getting a new truck soon and I like the way 35" tires look, which from what I understand requires a 3" lift on our 150s. I'm trying to learn, obviously have a ways to go
Thank you very much!

In those pictures it is 2” rough country level in the front only. The rest of the suspension is untouched. I needed the 2” level to clear the raptor wheels until I got my fox coil overs. The rough country was only $50 off amazon so I figured it would be an easy solution until I decided what to do. I have my fox coils now I just need to find time to put them in lol.

As for the BDS UCA’s those are upper control arms. The help correct the suspension angle when you level the truck. Not necessary really if your on the street all the time or light off-road. I had a 2” level on my 16 and never changed the control arms and had no issues off-road. It’s more extra insurance for me for when I do go off-road that I have less chance of having an issue.

Hope that helps!
Old 02-13-2020, 10:46 PM
Just a man

Finally got some time to do some work on the truck. Full-Race intercooler installed with a new grill. Super happy with the results.

Old 02-15-2020, 12:41 PM
Just a man

Finally going to get these on this weekend. Super excited to be getting some of my parts put on. Fox 2.5 with DSC adjusters custom tuned by Accutune Off-road

Old 02-20-2020, 09:21 PM
Just a man

Finally got my front shocks on. Super happy with the results. Now I just have to figure out how to fine tune them lol

Old 02-22-2020, 10:11 PM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,598 Likes on 6,203 Posts

Great looking build! I didn't realize you had a lightning blue also. Thanks for all the help on the mirrors!
hybridtuner (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 11:00 PM
Just a man

Been modifying my rack from my old build and getting it set up on the new truck. I had my buddy mill some 1/2” aluminum plate for the bed rails. I am going to take the aluminum channel from the Leitner rack and weld them to the new rails.

Quick Reply: 2018 Lightning Blue Overland/Street Build