Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Lead Foot XLT SE, Let the games begin

Old 03-31-2018, 09:42 PM
Load and Charge

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Default 2018 Lead Foot XLT SE, Let the games begin

I sold my 2013 FX4 3.5L Eco back in January and shortly there after, I placed an order for a new truck (order placed on 1/31). My custom order consisted of a Lead Foot Special Edition XLT 5.0, 10 speed with 302A, FX4, 36 gallon tank, 8" Sync 3 with Navigation and factory Ford floor liners; I took delivery on 3/21.
Since placing the order I stock piled quite a bit of mods which I'll list below, but I figured I'd chronicle my progress here in case anyone is interested in similar mods or has any input / questions along the way.

Exterior: Go Rhino RB20 (Raptor style) running boards, Truxedo ProX15 Tonneau cover, BedRug full bed liner, Ford tailgate assist, XForce 304 Stainless Exhaust system with Varex muffler, ReadyLift 2.25" level kit with 3" rear blocks, and Vision Nemesis 20x9 (Roush Raptor) wheels with 285/60-20 Wrangler Duratrac's.

Stereo: Morel Tempo Ultra components for the front doors, Morel Maximo coax 6.5's for the rear doors, Alpine PDX-V9 5 channel amp, Mobile Toys Inc custom sub enclosure with JL 12TW3, NVX 4 gauge amp kit, NVX 40 sqf vibration dampener kit, Audio Designs speaker adapters with FastRings, Parrot H/U harness and Stinger Speedwire.

I had the truck for all of an hour and removed the black "hockey stick" stripes as well as used FORscan to deactivate the Start/Stop. I plan to do the stereo in phases. Phase 1 will be the speaker install and vibration dampening. In Phase 2 I'll remove the interior, run the amp wiring, Speedwire and new tweeter wires. Phase 3 will be using FORscan to flatten the EQ and change the speaker outputs to low level, install the amp and finish off the system.

Here's the blank canvas, pun intended...
Old 03-31-2018, 09:45 PM
Load and Charge

I got quite a bit done today. I installed the BedRug, ProX15, side steps and tailgate assist.

Original steps

New GoRhino steps

New GoRhino steps
Old 03-31-2018, 09:51 PM
Load and Charge

Last weekend I got the rear speakers in and put some vibration dampener in the rear doors. For the rear doors, I basically just used pieces of the NVX VDT in random spots to deal with resonance issues. I lined the inside of the door panel with some as well. I don't plan on doing a whole lot to the rear doors as the rear speakers won't be supplying much mid-bass. They'll be amplified, but really they'll just be rear fill. The front doors will have a little more coverage with the VDT. I used Butyl Rope to isolate the speaker from the speaker mount. I must say, the Auto Designs speaker adapters were pricey, but well worth the cost; they are extremely nice and fit perfectly.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:53 PM
Load and Charge

Hopefully tomorrow, I'll have some time before Easter dinner to get the exhaust installed. More, much more, to come...

Here's a shot of the wheels also. If anyone in the South Jersey area wants the factory steps and/or 20" special edition wheels and tires, they'll be for sale very soon.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:29 AM
El Borracho

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

You truck looks amazing. I love the color. Keep us updated on your journey.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:32 AM

Received 765 Likes on 462 Posts

Sharp looking truck. I think those wheels are going to look really good with that color.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Load and Charge

I got the exhaust installed today. It’s pretty cool how it works. I plan to run it to a momentary switch eventually, but for now I’ll use the fobs that came with it.

Attached Files
Old 04-02-2018, 07:44 PM

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Good looking wheels.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:29 PM
TOTM Sept. '18

Received 3,057 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Looking good! I was really really temped by the Varex muffler nobody on here up to now has had one. I ended up ordering a Magnaflow split tail that I'm having the tips coated matte black. Figured I could do the Varex muffler only later Magnaflow didn't work out.

Mike
Old 04-02-2018, 11:33 PM

Received 497 Likes on 349 Posts

Nice truck! I'll definitely be following this one. Where are you in South Jersey? I live in Willingboro, grew up in Mays Landing and spend quite a bit of time in the shamong/hammonton area also!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 Lead Foot XLT SE, Let the games begin