Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 F150 "Super Sport" build

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 01:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2017 F150 "Super Sport" build

Morning folks,

Thought i'd show off the latest build, it's a 2017 half ton, 5.0l 301A Sport package, in Ruby Red. We call them "Super Sport" to play off the sport package the truck started as!

Mod list!
-2.5" ProComp Level kit
-18x9 MotoMetal wheels
-LT275/70/18 GoodYear DuraTrac's (my personal favorite)
-KatzKin two tone grey/black leather w/ added heated seats
-"Super Sport" lettering on hood & box side (same idea as as the Limited lettering)

Some may love it, some not, and that's okay! It's become one of our most popular models.

Name:  FullSizeRender_zpsytezwbve.jpg
Views: 5842
Size:  288.5 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender_zpsjnnmq1ku.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  205.3 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender_zpslpjrc8gu.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  189.5 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender_zps4ckz59ua.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  317.2 KB
Old 02-24-2017, 02:19 PM
www.sldraftingdesign.com

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Looks good except for those gaudy letters
Old 02-24-2017, 02:31 PM

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Lol, I call em...................

UGLY!
Old 02-24-2017, 04:27 PM

No worries guys, like I said some love them some hate them. We actually used to leave them off, but found a lot of the people who bought them wanted unique badge's. They were a response to requests.

Regardless, they can be removed if the customer doesn't like em!

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2017, 04:29 PM

Here's two we did without the letters

Name:  IMG_1595_zps8ffpwp9q.png
Views: 862
Size:  641.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1164_zpsdcaytbm8.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  295.0 KB
Old 02-24-2017, 04:34 PM

Why dont you guys make a TRUE Sport version?? Does everything have to be hillbilly lifted up to the sky like the guy next to the guy next to the Chevy guy? I get it...most want this look, but the word "Sport" usually refers to a lower stance and high performance. Remember the F-150 Lightning...yeah, like that. In a month from now I will have an example for you to consider JUST one iteration like I am suggesting, lol and tell me how much more it sells for over MSRP. . LOVE how you guys are responding to your customers.....that is just beyond cool. Brownie points for your efforts.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by 2016BoostedGreyGoose
Why dont you guys make a TRUE Sport version?? Does everything have to be hillbilly lifted up to the sky like the guy next to the guy next to the Chevy guy? I get it...most want this look, but the word "Sport" usually refers to a lower stance and high performance. Remember the F-150 Lightning...yeah, like that. In a month from now I will have an example for you to consider JUST one iteration like I am suggesting, lol and tell me how much more it sells for over MSRP. . LOVE how you guys are responding to your customers.....that is just beyond cool. Brownie points for your efforts.
The only charge over a stock truck is exactly what it would cost to purchase these parts through our parts department. It simply sets our trucks apart from the guys down the street!

A true "super sport" being something along the lines of a Supercharged/turbo'd truck with ladder bars out back and drag radials kinda thing? Honestly, I don't think they'd sell very well if we did that.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Taylor@DearbornFord
The only charge over a stock truck is exactly what it would cost to purchase these parts through our parts department. It simply sets our trucks apart from the guys down the street!

A true "super sport" being something along the lines of a Supercharged/turbo'd truck with ladder bars out back and drag radials kinda thing? Honestly, I don't think they'd sell very well if we did that.
no, lol, a Sports truck...similar to the Lightning and Dodge Ram SRT10...... JUST one! I guarantee you'd sell it rather quickly.....a departure from the "regular" lifted truck on the road. A lowered Sports Truck.... lowered with quality components to prevserve oem near ride quality with superior handling.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2016BoostedGreyGoose
no, lol, a Sports truck...similar to the Lightning and Dodge Ram SRT10...... JUST one! I guarantee you'd sell it rather quickly.....a departure from the "regular" lifted truck on the road. A lowered Sports Truck.... lowered with quality components to prevserve oem near ride quality with superior handling.
Oh I see, the problem, however, is we're in kinda Northern Canada. Lowered trucks wouldn't be too popular! Cool idea though!
The following users liked this post:
DRKNESS (03-18-2017)
Old 02-24-2017, 06:08 PM

Received 154 Likes on 82 Posts

Lowered SUPER SPORT. 4x4 with a Roush Supercharger..... Perfect for me in NORTHERN CANADA. It would sell, believe me!

I do like what you are doing though, I get the lettering, kinda like the Harley Edition. Not for me, but I like it. It's nice to see a dealership do something a little different. I bet the first Yenko, someone said , What the hell are you doing, that will never sell.