Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Blue Jeans Metallic Platinum FX4

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 10:55 PM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
Default 2017 Blue Jeans Metallic Platinum FX4

I've been a member on here for a few years now. I didn't do a members build on my 14 Platinum so i figured I'd do one on my new truck this time. As you can tell from the title its a 2017 Screw Platinum FX4 in Blue Jeans Metallic. I just picked it up last Saturday. I really love this color but really liked the white platinum metallic and black as well. To me no color looks better when clean than a black vehicle. But then again no color shows scratches and dirt like black does either. My dealer says the most popular colors are the white and black i liked so that made it a no brainer to get the blue jeans. I really liked the ruby red too but for some reason i just cant pull the trigger on the red.

On another note i have a long listed of mods i will be making as finances permit. I bought the 100K BTB extended warranty on this one (never purchased an extended warranty before) so i guess I'll keep it longer than my 2-3 year average. When I have more time I'll put together a list of mods and hopefully you guys can give me some feedback as to your experiences and/or thoughts.

As of right now it is bone stock besides the weathertech front and rear mats i just put in yesterday. On the quick and short list is rear wheel well liners and 5% window tint all around immediately. Ohh and i will be removing my front lower air dam as well. Here's the best pic i have of my beauty so far!

Is it just me or does this truck not look like it has the severe rake some factory trucks seem to have? I have not been able to take measurements yet. I will in the near future.

Randall

Old 09-08-2017, 09:13 PM

Well its been a while since i posted anything so here's a pic with the 5% window tint all around and 50% on the windshield.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:16 PM

Been super busy but finally found some time to order some parts last week. First thing to arrive (Wednesday) were the Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 35x11.50x20. Got a great deal from Discount Tire Direct as usual.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:23 PM

The suspension parts i ordered came in today in order to get the Nitto's under the truck. Can't wait to get this all installed!!! I'm hoping to be complete before next weekend. Will post pics once everything is installed.

Trying to decide whats next. Upgraded sound system, grill, tailgate, emblem paint work, bedcover or exhaust??? Decisions, decisions!

The following users liked this post:
Rk3 (09-08-2017)
Old 09-09-2017, 05:55 PM

Received 138 Likes on 100 Posts

I just put those tires on my truck. They ride awesome. You won't regret them.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking forward to seeing everything put together. Nice job!!!
Old 09-11-2017, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by F150HogFan
Looking forward to seeing everything put together. Nice job!!!
Thanks man. I cant wait. I have a lot more on my list but it will take some time to get it all done as I'm sure you know money doesn't grow on trees.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ecoengineer
I just put those tires on my truck. They ride awesome. You won't regret them.
I hope so. I'm coming from Cooper STT PRO's on my 14. I loved their look and aggressiveness off-road but i drive on the pavement 90-95% of the time and as they wore down the noise and vibration was really getting the better of me. I'm hoping these are much softer and quieter ride. Everyone that has them seems to love them. The only real unknown i believe is what kind of mileage will they last. I had 44K on the Cooper's and they still had at least 10K to go if not more. They were rotated every 5K.

Randall
Old 09-26-2017, 09:54 PM

Got everything installed Thursday before last. Been to the camp last 2 weekends so got it a little dirty so now that I've got it cleaned up here are some pics with suspension and tires installed. Like to hear some feedback. I love the look. Tires ride a little rougher than i expected but are pretty quiet especially compared to the last couple sets of mud grips i have had.

The following users liked this post:
Sikwill (12-28-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 09:55 PM