Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 RCSB sport truck, slow but steady build.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 12:23 PM

Received 61 Likes on 36 Posts
Default 2016 RCSB sport truck, slow but steady build.

Well figured i start a thread of my build I'm really not in much of a hurry to finish this build, but should be making good progress in the next couple of weeks. A little background as to why build this thing, after playing with boosted and nitrous coyote mustang's I figured it was time to build a nice daily truck that was capable of running 10's and would hook in the street if need be with street tires (hence why i got a fx4). Even tho this was a sport truck build I really wanted a nicer interior than what the xl offered with sync3 so I started off with a fully optioned out xlt fx4. I really wanted a bronze fire truck and was surprised ford only offered this color in two tone or with the chrome package but never color matched, so I knew from the start a trip to the paint shop would be necessary but no biggie there. Here is what it looked like sitting in the lot like 2 months ago, it stared off as a 16 f150 xlt fx4 fully optioned out with 3.55 gears and electronic locker.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:31 PM

Within days of getting the truck I started researching how to do the oem led tail lights and headlights and that's how I found this forum and man is there alot of good info in here gotta give out a huge thanks to all those that have gone through all the headaches and have made detailed how to's u guys are life savers. All in all I've had this truck for like 2 months I can say exterior is completely finished just need to install the f250 oem led fog lights to finish off oem led look. I decided to go with special edition kinda clone with the wheels and badges as well as the black front headlights and raptor blis tail lights. I really like the way this color looks color matched don't really understand why for never offered it this way. Well here are some pics of exterior as of right now, truck was lowered around 4/6. I'm currently piecing together my interior I will continue with a full special edition interior swap except for the seats I have some ford racing recaro's left over from my 16 mustang that I will be installing to give it a more sporty feel, lmk wat u guys think so far.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Official HTT Greeter

Received 328 Likes on 261 Posts

looks pretty nice and clean.

You thought about removing or at least trimming that front air dam?
Old 08-10-2017, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by SixShooter14
looks pretty nice and clean.

You thought about removing or at least trimming that front air dam?
Thanks, and yes actually plan on trimming it a bit since it pretty much rubs going down the highway as it is lol.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:41 PM
I like to eat.

Received 470 Likes on 325 Posts

Beautiful! Looking forward to the engine mods.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:46 PM

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Looks nice. Glad you got rid of the chrome..so tacky. How did you paint the chrome bumpers? Will it stick? Did you put Lariat badges on ...tsk tsk.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bigcat1185
Beautiful! Looking forward to the engine mods.
Thanks!! Well as of right now i have cobra jet setup ready to install and future plans are a edp twin kit, i'm just really focused on my interior next hopeully i finish it in a month or two tops.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by STYLEZ24
Looks nice. Glad you got rid of the chrome..so tacky. How did you paint the chrome bumpers? Will it stick? Did you put Lariat badges on ...tsk tsk.
Yes im not a big fan of chrome either so it had to go, as far as the paint the body shop prepped it good and all and said it would be good but rock chips would probably chip the paint. That being said most of my driving is city and slow so rock chips aren't a big issue my bumpers look good as new, i hope i didn't just jinx it lmao. Good eye i did do lariat badges since im also doing a lariat interior i was liek might aswell.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:22 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Dang that is badass
Old 08-10-2017, 10:36 PM
Fake Ballin for da Gram

Received 434 Likes on 366 Posts

If i didnt need a screw... I'd love to have a RCSB. Looks great!