Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 F150 Limited build for sweet 16!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 08:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2013 F150 Limited build for sweet 16!

It's been a while since I have been on forums but my youngest will be turning 16 next month and he will be getting my 13 F150 Limited that's been sitting in the garage for the last year, with a complete makeover .
Specialty Forged 22" wheels with 285/50/22 Nitto G2 tires
Level Kit
Plain n Simple design custom builds on every exterior light
Lou @ All Wire Grill is making me a custom top and bottom grill.
Stay tuned . This should be fun
The following users liked this post:
cal128 (03-09-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you post some pics with your new wheels/tires? I have a black 2013 F150 and I'm thinking about the same combo. Thanks!
Old 09-14-2016, 07:48 AM

Thanks,
Here are some photos..

Old 09-14-2016, 09:41 AM
What base model?

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Gah damn 😳 very interesting
Clement Limited (09-17-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 04:16 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Awesome truck!
Just my personal opinion but way too much truck for a 16 year old. Good chance it won't be appreciated as much when it's given to them versus earning it.
I bought my first vehicle with money I earned myself and it's so rewarding, would have hated to be given a vehicle as I would have missed out on the joy of buying my first vehicle
Rockjock3 (09-14-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 05:19 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by PyramidsRs
Awesome truck!
Just my personal opinion but way too much truck for a 16 year old. Good chance it won't be appreciated as much when it's given to them versus earning it.
I bought my first vehicle with money I earned myself and it's so rewarding, would have hated to be given a vehicle as I would have missed out on the joy of buying my first vehicle
Just my personal opinion just because he was given it doesn't mean he won't appreciate it as much, you don't know his kid or him. His truck, his money, and his kid, why are we talking about things other people got and you didn't on his build thread instead of his build anyways? Funny how you're giving parenting advice on an F150 forum btw.
The following 4 users liked this post by Jkry2121:
AccLariat16 (10-15-2016), BoozeDaily (09-17-2016), Clement Limited (09-17-2016), HardcoreOffroading (09-27-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 05:24 PM

Received 538 Likes on 448 Posts

Make sure he's not using those red accent lights while driving as its illegal.

Interesting taste.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:27 PM

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkry2121
Just my personal opinion just because he was given it doesn't mean he won't appreciate it as much, you don't know his kid or him. His truck, his money, and his kid, why are we talking about things other people got and you didn't on his build thread instead of his build anyways? Funny how you're giving parenting advice on an F150 forum btw.
Hahaha. And you are giving anti-parenting advice-advice on a truck forum. Also funny.

He didn't say the kid wouldn't, he said it MIGHT not be appreciated.

I grew up with this and have seen countless examples. More of the time than not I have seen the kids that were outright given vehicles (especially nice ones like that truck) not truly appreciate it and within a couple of years they were either wrecked or looked like crap. Not saying that some of them don't take VERY good care of them, just saying IN MY OPINION that isn't what I have experienced. That is all he was doing as well, was giving HIS OPINION.

Yes, like #*#holes, we all have one, so, let him have his and stop being one.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:50 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockjock3
Hahaha. And you are giving anti-parenting advice-advice on a truck forum. Also funny.

He didn't say the kid wouldn't, he said it MIGHT not be appreciated.

I grew up with this and have seen countless examples. More of the time than not I have seen the kids that were outright given vehicles (especially nice ones like that truck) not truly appreciate it and within a couple of years they were either wrecked or looked like crap. Not saying that some of them don't take VERY good care of them, just saying IN MY OPINION that isn't what I have experienced. That is all he was doing as well, was giving HIS OPINION.

Yes, like #*#holes, we all have one, so, let him have his and stop being one.
Exactly what I was getting at. There was one kid at my high school who was given a brand new done up Tacoma in grade 11. Within half a year he had been in 3 accidents that were all his fault and failed to do any maintenance on it which caused it to run like crap and be in the shop constantly. He didn't care though because he didn't pay for it and would just drive another vehicle.
I'm not saying all kids will do that, but a good portion of kids will regardless of how they were raised, and a truck like that, as previously said, is way too big for somebody who's a new driver.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:06 AM

Haha, I get it guys. My kids earn everything they get. I just moved my oldest son to University of Kentucky a few weeks back. He graduated summa *** laude in his high school and is in pre dental program at UK.
Blake who just turned 16 works everyday he doesn't have a golf match, #1 on squad by the way who carries a 3.7 GPA.
If he appreciates it anymore there isn't going to be any paint left on it. I let him design the truck as it was a father and son effort. Something we did together.. Oh and he also washes mine everyday a long with his. Don't judge a book by its cover I'm blessed beyond words with my two great boys! As far as red lights, the colors are endless via your phone . Bluetooth enabled.,

Quick Reply: 2013 F150 Limited build for sweet 16!