Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 F150 XLT Build/Blackout Process

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2011 F150 XLT Build/Blackout Process

Hey y'all,

I'm new to this site. Thought I'd post a thread of my build and update y'all on the process. I recently bought a 2011 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0l V8 Texas edition With Flex Fuel. All Stock except for aftermarket leather seats. I got a great deal on it and it only had 40,000 miles on it! This king was babied and garaged kept. This is the first truck I have ever made modifications to so I'm a little timid on a few things but will definitely research certain things before I do them. With it being a 2WD I don't have many options as far as lifting so, I want to put a 2" level on the front, run 18" wheels with 33" tires and completely strip the chrome and black or murder it out! Here's what I have done so far and will definitely keep you guys updated as I do more. Thanks for reading! I hope to make some new friends through this site and learn a lot in the process.

Fresh from the dealership the day I got it!

Nice interior, aftermarket leather put in by last owner. Fresh from the dealership the day I got it!

AND NOW THE MODS! ( what I've done so far)

Removing the silver pin striping. That was UGLY! The process took a few hours with a heat gun and my fingernails. L

After hours of work, burned fingertips and help from my badass wife....the pinstriping is GONE!

Badges are blackout by the plasti dip process.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:53 PM
F150 Vendor

Received 800 Likes on 589 Posts

Great first steps! What are your plans for the truck overall?

The following users liked this post:
Coyote8 (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 12:28 AM

I have a lot in store for this thing. Complete blackout, new grille, new bumpers, subtle fender flares, new drop steps to replace the nerf boards, 2" Rough Country leveling struts, 33" Tires, new wheels, new sprayed line x bedliner. Then after all that I'll start working on performance such as a new exhaust system etc.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:06 PM
F150 Vendor

Received 800 Likes on 589 Posts

Man this is going to be awesome! Are you going to be doing the part installs yourself?

Coyote8 (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 10:48 PM

Thanks! I know! I can't wait! I'm trying to get it done but if I go too fast I'll break the bank! Lol. Yes, the parts installs I am going to be doing myself. I love getting my hands dirty and shop labor just costs waaaay too much when I can do it myself for just the cost of the part and a few hours with some blood sweat and tears.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:34 PM
I like to eat.

Received 470 Likes on 325 Posts

Love a good black out.
Coyote8 (08-21-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 11:01 PM

Default Leveling struts are in!

2" Rough Country Leveling Struts went in last night! It was a pretty simple but dangerous process. Only took about 3 hours to complete. Used "old school" Strut cool compressors the ones you have to tighten down! It's was nuts but, it got the job done. I gotta say these leveling Struts are the way to go! Much better than leveling blocks or spacers. These have a nice smooth ride. A much better ride than when it sat factory. I love it and can't wait to throw some bigger tires on it!

I'm loving the space to fit bigger tires
Before and After!
Factory strut removed
2". Rough country N2.0 Leveling strut installed