Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 302 swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 04:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 302 swap

HELP?!?!?!!!?!? Hey guys really need some EXPERT advice. I have a 2007 f150 4.2 liter v6 2wd. And when the time comes i would love to drop a built 302 in it. My question is can it be done and if so what all modifications will have to be done.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:30 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Well a 302 swap could be "easy" or it could be extremely difficult it really just depends what you're looking for (and yes, "easy" means pretty difficult) . Remember that in your 2007 almost every system is tied together such that swapping an engine could have unforeseen consequences (more than cruise control doesn't work, think windshield wipers don't function...seriously...). That said, you could do a fairly straight forward full manual swap. Ditch all of the fancy electronics and use an old school non computer controlled engine/transmission combo. Making the engine/transmission mounts is simple enough but you *might* need to change driveshafts/axles depending how crazy things get. If a 302 i what you want I'd buy a whole old beater truck and swap everything over, instrument cluster and all. This is just my take of course some of these guys might have another opinion. I plan on doing a cummins swap on my 97 in the next year or so and that will be a pure manual setup just retaining the axles and 4x4 systems. Good luck let us know how it goes.

-Kirk

Quick Reply: 2007 302 swap