Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1990 f150

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 12:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1990 f150

Me and this trucks history started off nearly two years ago when my best friends cousin owned it. I fell in love and was trying with all my might to buy it. Sadly it got away. But while looking for 33s to go with a lift kit for my Dakota I was reunited with her and now we have spent countless hours together trying to make her perfect. The people that built the truck knew all the good names to buy but wanted quick and easy build so they cut corners and that's not what I do. As I go to college I'm slowly working her back up to health and I'll give you a run down of what she had when I bought her what I've done and take you through our projects. Basically this is a good way to keep up with my dream trucks progress

When I bought her:
1979 351m-400 that has been rebuilt
870cfm Holley carb
High rise air cleaner
Edlebrock valve covers
Hooker headers
Flowmasters exhaust
Pioneer stereo system
3500 stall convertor
Couple other things but those are the major things

Going in to this project I had 3 big issues and I thought a month and I'd be good. Bad electrical work(lose charge real quick). Transmission fluid leaking out of the stall I think. And overheating. So this is what I've done and still haven't fixed it

What I've done:
Ball joints on left side
New rear universal joint in back driveshaft
New battery
Seal for transmission.
Starting wire has been rewired
Made a ground from block to frame
New fan
Having my alternator rebuilt by guys who do stuff on my dads trucks like 18 wheelers and stuff. I always just call them big trucks but you know what I mean.
Making a fan shroud

And that's about it so far please if you have any questions just let me know or any solutions to my problems. I will gladly take them. I'll put some of my ideas for the truck up tomorrow
Old 08-16-2012, 12:07 AM

Also forgot my brand new rough country dual steering stabilizers cause the truck does have 9" lift
Old 08-17-2012, 08:28 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Subscribed.. Badass truck man
Old 08-18-2012, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by BROWNINGFX4
Subscribed.. Badass truck man
Thanks man I appreciate it. I'm actually going off to college for this week but I'm getting a water pump put on by my dad. More updates and pics next Friday hopefully
Old 08-18-2012, 10:01 PM

You takin the truck with you to college?
Old 08-19-2012, 10:31 AM

Yeah after I fix the charging problem and overheating but not this week
Old 08-23-2012, 09:29 PM

Ok I know it has been awhile since I've been on here but I have been at college and still am until tomorrow. I bought a water pump and actually a brand new alternator for my truck. So far the charging system is working now which is good but all I have is my dads word. Now he changed the water pump and it was full of stop leak so somebody has had this problem before. Next job brand spanking new gaskets. This don't work I'm screwed I guess either a bigger radiator or fan shroud. Im putting a lot of money in it but it is my baby
Old 08-24-2012, 02:28 PM

I would like to say thank you to all the dad helping their kids with there truck. I know those are hours you don't have to put in but y'all do anyways even if you aren't footing the bill. Now my truck. I'm actually taking the whole block out to check for a blown head gasket or cracked head. In the mean time I'm painting my engine. What do y'all think of blue block with black valve covers air cleaner headers and spark plug wires
Old 08-24-2012, 02:41 PM

That sounds badass man
Old 08-24-2012, 09:53 PM

Thanks and I would also like to do solid black pipes coming out of the headers but that will come later. Do you or anyone know about how much heads cost for my model engine used but good heads that I can fix up incase of a cracked head

Quick Reply: 1990 f150