Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'13 Sterling XLT

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 07:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default '13 Sterling XLT

I've been a long time lurker on this forum and Ford in general. I'm starting this build thread to track my truck's evolution and to get some feedback and advice from all of you more experienced out there. I've been a Ford guy all my life, except for the past eight years in a GMC. But then, last night, I was born again. I picked up a '13 Sterling EB. Details below:
4x4 SCREW XLT
157" WB
3.5L EcoBoost 3.31 axle
Sterling Gray
Gray Cloth 40/20/40
XLT Plus and Chrome packages (I could have done without the chrome, but that's what they had on the lot)

Hopefully I'll post pics today and give you guys a taste of the mods that I want to eventually do.

Thanks all for all the great advice and insight that I picked up before the purchase.

Last edited by dynamicjohn; 01-21-2014 at 01:24 PM. Reason: fixed picture link
Old 01-19-2014, 07:31 AM

So here are some potential mods that I'd like to do in the future. Please feel free to post feedback, comments, suggestions, etc. I'm going to try to post instructions and pictures for all the mods that I do.

Exchange stock mirrors with towing mirrors (heated, turn signal, puddle, etc.) I'm not a huge fan of the stock mirrors, I'm used to driving SuperDuty ambulances and love those mirrors.

Thinking about making a center console, I actually like the height of the center seat as an arm rest but I doubt I'll ever need that seat.

MOLLE Seat Covers

LED interior 'mood' lighting

Line-X bed liner

running board lights

Maybe some red LED map lights in the cab

Custom made underseat storage for the rear SCREW seat, that inlcides a couple deviders to keep stuff more organized

Plus tons of ideas from the under $50 mod thread

Last edited by dynamicjohn; 01-21-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:58 PM

Wow, its been over a year. Not much done to it as I thought.
It now sports WeatherTech in-channel window vents and WeatherTech laser-something semi custom floor mats front and back.
And I got the CoverKing Ballistic Tactical seat covers on the front seats. Love all of those additions.
Oh and I got a Bullet spray-in bed liner awhile back and its holding up great.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Big Blue Flame!!!

Received 130 Likes on 118 Posts

Did you purchase towing mirrors yet?
Old 02-03-2015, 10:14 PM

Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

How's bullet liner? Not to many people offer it where I live
Old 02-04-2015, 06:39 AM

I haven't bought the mirrors yet, I was leaning towards 1AAuto p/n: 1ARMP01439. heated power folding, etc. Do you have another recommendation?
Old 02-04-2015, 06:43 AM

I love the Bullet liner. My Dad had a Rhino on his last truck and in my opinion it was too grippy. I would tear plastics and ruin tarps after a few uses, but nothing slid in the back! His current truck has LineX and in my opinion its not grippy enough. Things slide a lot, I think he forgot how to tie things down after getting use to the Rhino. Maybe those are because of the installation and not the products themselves, don't know.

Bullet to me is just right. Most things don't slide around and I'm smart enough to secure the things that I don't want to anyways. Lifetime guarantee and I think a 5 or 10 year warranty for color fade. I've hauled a fair amount of stuff back there, mainly boxes, totes, luggage, etc. It handled 3 yards of mulch like a champ, very easy to clean out.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:54 AM
Big Blue Flame!!!

Received 130 Likes on 118 Posts

My FX4 doesn't have the power fold option so I opted for the Manual Fold, Manual Extend, Power, Heat, Turn Signal, Puddle Light, Textured Black. I ordered through AM Autoparts for $220.00 with free shipping and I ordered last Wednesday evening, and received Friday Afternoon. Will install in the spring time too cold out too under take the exchange lol
Old 02-04-2015, 12:30 PM

Thanks, I'll have to look into that. The one I was eyeing doesn't include the puddle lights but it does come with the upgrade components to turn into power folding. My XLT didn't come standard with that either.
We have a bit of a heat wave here today, supposed to get up to 51, but high tomorrow is back to 28.

Quick Reply: '13 Sterling XLT