Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06intheStix build, here goes nothing.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06intheStix build, here goes nothing.

Hello and welcome,
First off I want to personally thank each and every contributing member of this forum. None of you know of this name, frankly because Ive been lurking in the shadows for over a year, secretly comming to this site to figure out / diagnose / and cure my trucks problems. I have never posted, just sat back and read everything everyone has had to say about anything.

This is my contribution.
I want to start off by just letting everyone know I will respect all of your recommendations / mechanical advice with open arms.

HOWEVER,
I would really appreciate everyone keep your own personal negative comments to yourselves. I bring no negativity to the plate, I expect no negativity on the floor in steaming piles.

ANYHOW! on to my "build"

Throughout this thread I plan on installing a number of mods to my 06 f150 STX 4x4 4.6

On the plate for this week I have ordered and received

Performance accessories premium lift - which includes 2.5 leveling kit and 3 inch body lift.

Flowmaster super 44 muffler
----
Also on hand, but not going on till later
window tint, 5 % for backs 35% on front driver / passenger
motorcraft iridium
motorcraft fresh oil / filter
----

Whats to come in the following weeks.
1. Wheels and tires.
2. headlights / tail lights HID
3. Audio system / complete / custom center console/subbox to replace jumper seat.
4. Tint windows, 3rd brake light
5.Undercoating frame / wheel wells / interior door jams.
6. Super 44 muffler install with exit just before rear tire
7. cruise control switch's / reprogramming.

Here's my project.

Already started gutting for Audio / sound dampending install

And my helper "Digsby" he's a "Beagbull" half beagle / pitbull, and one hell of a good boy.

Obviously I would love to have all of my thread goals accomplished soon, however I work 7 days a week second shift. I also have a wife, and two wonderful children who also need as much love and attention as my truck. HOWEVER! Im gonna give my best shot here for your people. I hope you join in on the ride for my trials and tribulations. I have limited Automobile experiance, only changing hub assemblys / actuators / control arms / wheels bearings ect. This will be my most in depth automotive project ever. I do have all the tools required for my projects, if not I have access to them.

With All that Said, there's my story, My truck, My dog, and my disclosure.
On with the mods.
First up, Performance accessories premium lift. I started this evening, however i did not much more time then to clean up the garage a bit, lay out my parts, remove front tow hooks, air dams and hood latch.

Tomorrows another day, hopefully I dont sleep too late so I can poke at the truck before work.

For now..ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

06inthestix
Old 08-24-2011, 06:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome brother. Glad you joined us. Truck looks good. Keep us posted.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good Luck and welcome! Lets see those PIC"S.........
Old 08-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Welcome aboard. Since you've been lurking for a year, you're well aware of all the existing common posts that happen here. I'll guess you're already knowledgable with the common mods that get tossed about here.

Nice truck!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:37 PM

Well Today I started from step 1 on the instructions for the body lift. I was only able to really put about an hour in from setup to finish. I was not able to get far, just far enough to get the air shrouds off and remove the front bumper. I dont plan on having to work late this evening so chances are I will be able to progress even further after work.

Partner showed up for work, however was acting a bit lazy

Thats it for now, will update before bed with progress made after work.

-06inthestix
Old 08-24-2011, 06:51 PM

Man, looks like you have plenty of toys in there! Good looking truck! Cant wait to see how it comes along.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:05 PM

Yes sir!
Im worse than a kid. I love toys. I love to have em, Love to buy em for my wife and kids.

let the mods continue.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:16 AM
King Copper "05 KR"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Luck! Make sure to get lots of before and after pics before its too late!
Old 08-25-2011, 04:09 PM

Update*
Lastnight after work I Finished removing / loosening all required engine / frame / transmision linkage components. Then I removed all 14 body bolts. Slid the bed back an inch, and jacked up the first corner. I struggled with the first Bushing for about an hour until I gave up for the night, it was 8AM, I get up for work at 1200, so I've had a wopping 4 hours of sleep and feel like crap. Hopefully Tonight when I get out (praying it will be on time and not another late work night) I plan on trying to get the bolt out of the fwd bushing (drivers side) Even with the nut removed, I cant pound the bolt down through, it seems as though its welded to the plastic bushing. I tried to back it out with an air ratchet, however the rounded washer that sits on top of it seems like its welded/ rusted to the bolt. I cant grab the washer with vice grips, there isnt enough room, so it just spins when I try to loosen the bolt, not allowing the bolt to unthread. I have a buddy who "said" they were swinging by tonight. Hopefully a second set of eyes will help figure it out. Im guessing Im just not using a big enough hammer .
Either way, everything pre-lift is accomplished, at this point I start installing the lift / bushings.

I shall try to post before bed tonight. I had all intentions of posting before bed lastnight, however I didnt plan on putting in 6hrs of truck work after my 11 hour work day.

Thats it for now.
Let the mods continue.

-06stx
Old 08-26-2011, 04:35 AM

*UPDATE*

This evening after work (1230am - 4am) I was able to overcome the issue I was stuck on lastnight. the bolt rustwelded to the inside of my bushing on the first mount i was trying to take off. (drivers side #1fwd)
I was able to get a pipewrench on the washer and impact the bolt off. Everything was smooth sailing from there. I was able to get all of the body blocks in place. Tomorrow after work I plan on getting the bed lifted. Here are a few pictures of just the 3" blocks in place on ONLY the cab. the bed is unbolted, and off center because i had to slide it back an inch. The bed should be easy as pie. Im also going to bring my bumper brackets to work tomorrow and get them sandblasted and painted. They come bare steel and pretty ugly.

Here are the pics of JUST the cab lifted 3"
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...x/27394531.jpg
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...x/d323b471.jpg
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...x/cfc31831.jpg

Thats all for tonight considering i put an 18 hour day in yesterday I need a good sleep

Let the mods continue!

06intheSTiX

Quick Reply: 06intheStix build, here goes nothing.