Topic Sponsor
Purchase Experience Forum for members to post about their purchase experiences from different vendors and members.

Dootson NEGATIVE NEGATIVE NEGATIVE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 02:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dootson NEGATIVE NEGATIVE NEGATIVE!

Seemed really enthusiastic about helping me and getting it shipped, till he got my money. Told me he'd ship the next day (9/3) and he'd have a tracking number for me. I have tried multiple pm's and multiple outlets for making contact with him on the forum between posting in the original ad and an ad he just created recently and by posting a visitor message. I've watched his activity on his profile for the past few days and there should be no reason why he'd miss the messages as he's on for atleast an hour today, including activity today. I left him a pm earlier today that if I did not have a package in my hand or a tracking number by next wednesday (i'm in the hospital for 4-5 days starting then so my internet is very limited then) I am going to have to file a paypal claim for the $440 that I gave to him.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:56 AM

Don't want to start making claims, but i'm wondering if dootson is scamming the forum. Just joined recently and all of the threads started by d have been for selling items. Most of them seem to be selling high quality stuff for cheap. If you inspect where he gets the photos from it seems that they are pulled from random places on the internet. I'll go into detail in the morning about that as I don't have the patience to stay up later right now. But he uses alot of stock pictures and the pictures that look like he took them on his own but they are all hosted at different sites (one being a business, another imageshack, craigslist and another pulled from someone's garage on f150online.com) This doesn't say that he's a scam artist but it definitely raises my eyebrows. Especially since I haven't heard back from him (even asking for a simple yes I shipped it from him) also this https://www.f150forum.com/f61/fabtec...-500-a-110298/ just makes it seem more suspicious. Don't mean to try to frame anyone but when I give you a weeks worth of pay and i've tried for over a week to hear from you, your **** is in my sights.

Last edited by Big. D; 09-10-2011 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Forgot to add craigslist to his photo sources
Old 09-10-2011, 05:06 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

I have closed his classifieds ads until he responds to member PM's as well as mine. To date he has not broken any rules. d I am in contact with other members that bought from him and are also waiting for their item(s). One member contacted PayPal, and they (PayPal) told him that dootson is a verified member, so purchases made to him are protected if PayPal were used.

I would contact PayPal and let them know of this situation.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 09-10-2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:37 AM

Thanks Bucko! I feel that I gave him fair warning on the matter, I didn't want to write this post because I don't like to tarnish other's reputations if I don't have to, however under the circumstances of how active he is on the forum and him not saying a word to me for over a week after he received my payment, I felt duty to other members of the forum that he should be questioned as to how he's handling his business on here.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

You've done the right thing, along with a few others. You are not alone. Keep us informed as to the final result of this purchase (I.E. you got the information you requested, and/or the goods).

Thanks for helping out.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Placed an order for edge programmer on 9-6. Paid for, promised tracking number and no further contact. Have started the process to file a dispute.

Last edited by justjohnthomas; 09-10-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

He has until Monday, September 12th to respond. If anyone who has delt with him gets a respones by this date, please alert us with either a PM, or on this thread.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

As of Sunday, September 11th and 1:00 PM, I have not heard from dootson. Anyone else?

We have not suspended him yet because if we do, he cannot PM anyone. However, if he does not respond by Momday afternoon, he's gone from this site.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucko
As of Sunday, September 11th and 1:00 PM, I have not heard from dootson. Anyone else?

We have not suspended him yet because if we do, he cannot PM anyone. However, if he does not respond by Momday afternoon, he's gone from this site.
I have Pm'd him also BUT have not heard from him. I did notice that Paypal already opened a dispute with this transaction and is on hold. Man im sure glad i spent the extra 5 bucks to cover paypal fees.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:39 PM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Anybody who had a transaction with him, I suggest you open a Paypal Dispute immediately.

Quick Reply: Dootson NEGATIVE NEGATIVE NEGATIVE!