Topic Sponsor
Purchase Experience Forum for members to post about their purchase experiences from different vendors and members.

Buying Raptor Wheels from QCFX2...it was bad

Old 10-15-2013, 05:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thumbs down Buying Raptor Wheels from QCFX2...it was bad

Here's the for sale thread he posted: https://www.f150forum.com/f59/fs-201...wheels-215092/

Well, after watching it for a while and making sure my money was squared away, I went ahead and contacted him, then made the payment on Sept 11. I was working with a friend to bring me the wheels/tires from NC, so I didn't expect him to ship that day.

A week or so later I messaged him asking if my friend could pick them up. The response was, "My new wheels and tires aren't here yet." wait, so now he's saying they're still on the truck? I paid for wheels/tires with 500 miles on them. WTF? They were in the back of the truck the day you took the pic for the ad.

Then he seems to make it seem like it's my fault that his new stuff isn't here because it took so long for Paypal to release the money.

Anyway, two more chances for my friend to pick them up come and go because he STILL can't get his wheels/tires. When I tell him it's time to fish or cut bait, he acts like he's doing me a huge favor by taking time off to go get his new stuff installed.

Well, they get here, and of COURSE there are scratches to the rims. He never said anything about condition, so that one's on me, but if you're a reputable seller you would at least spell it out.

Tire wear is significantly more than I expected and so now I'm not sure I want them at all.

All in all, after tens of thousands of dollars in forum buy/sell/trades, this is the first time I ever felt like I got 'd.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:05 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Okay Bo I will respond to your post.

Let's start by going back to my original thread and as you can see, it was dated June 21. This is the day that I had them delivered (hence why they are in the back of my truck) and I was only selling the wheels at this time.

As three months passed since my initial post I had numerous people inquire about the wheels and tires. Since I had so much traffic, I decided to sell the whole setup. In each inquiry, I told them the exact miles and condition. Quite frankly, this would have been my first question if I were interested in buying wheels and tires. This is a question you failed to ask until after you purchased them.... Each and everyone of my photos that I uploaded to the thread showed the wheels and tires at their current condition.

The only two questions you did ask me were: Are they available? What is your PayPal?

I am very confused with your second statement saying that you were watching the post for a while... If you were watching the post for the last three months you would have seen pictures of these wheels and tires on my truck and as so the reason why people asked how many miles they had.

This makes me somewhat confused as to how you thought there were not on the truck.

I'm not sure why you're mentioning any sort of shipping because that's not the agreement that we came to. I clearly stated that I would need to order new wheels and tires once you sent payment. If you don't recall you agreed to this and I said it would take two weeks for the wheels to come in. You said this is fine and that your friend will pick them up around October 15. I ordered the wheels the exact date you sent me the money.

Within the next two weeks you tried to set up the pick up during that timeframe when we both agreed I would not have my wheels yet.

I did not in any way during this transaction blame you or your friend for anything and I took full responsibility for the wheels not getting here when I expected them to. I did everything I could to get them here in the fastest way possible. Yes I did take off an entire day and drive two hours to pick up the wheels and make sure these were installed before your friend got to Charlotte.

Again, I did not blame you or your friend for our change in time frames. I did what I had to do to make sure you got these that day.

I'm sorry you feel that you were ripped off in the situation but I clearly answered all your questions during this process.

This is actually my sixth transaction just dealing with wheels and tires and not to mention all the other transactions that I have done whether I bought or sold something. It's funny how I've never had a complaint in the last three years and for some reason, had a feeling you would put a post up about me.

I have never been accused of trying to rip somebody off and anyone that has done business with me can vouch for that.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So, you posted that the wheels had 500 miles on them, and never mentioned that they were going on your truck after the pics were taken. Seeing the pics of the wheels/tires on the truck, I presumed that was during the 500mi they were run. If I'm going to need time to remove parts from a truck or motorcycle (most of my trades/sales have been supermotojunkie) I would clearly state that. As a rule, I never post anything for sale unless I'm ready to ship it the very next day.

I understand that I should have done a little more due diligence in the initial contact, but there was no reason to believe anything other than what was stated in the first post. Then again, we all know what they say about assumptions.

Only after I made the payment did you say you would need time to receive the new wheels/tires. I reluctantly agreed and we said two weeks would be ok. That was still the week of Sept 11th. Two weeks would have been sometime before the 27th. It was touch and go for a while if we would even be able to get you and him to meet on Oct 9th. Tried to get it done on the 4th and 6th and told it was impossible.

All in all, it's a cheap lesson learned. I trusted a little too much that someone would clearly state the entire situation and condition in an ad. For someone who takes such pride in his truck, I figured you would be sure to post about any blemishes on the wheels, since it's something that you would expect others to post.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you paid with paypal, you can file a claim if you are not happy with the purchase.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buying Raptor Wheels from QCFX2...it was bad