Topic Sponsor
Purchase Experience Forum for members to post about their purchase experiences from different vendors and members.

Brian Baskin and DCControllers

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Default Brian Baskin and DCControllers

A few weeks ago, I posted in a members thread on the use of two different e-fan controllers, one being the DCController sold by Brian Baskin, the other being the Ron Francis controller. I've purchased both, and both worked very well with a Ford Mark VIII 2 speed fan I used in two different Ford trucks. My comments in that thread stated that a controller from DCControllers can take a long time to get, and the email response is slow, or not at all. I mentioned when I purchased back in 2010, I had to cancel the order and file a dispute through PayPal after waiting almost 2 months with no replies from the vendor, only to then get my refund and an email from Brian. In the instructions that came with the controller was a phone number which I called and talked to Brian, who told me he had back issues, causing a delay in shipping. I did however re-place the order, and within a few weeks, my controller and temp probe arrived. He denies this conversation ever took place back in 2010 however.

On to the present timeframe.

Last week, I asked in an email how to order a temp sensor along with a controller from his site, as I could not find how to add the sensor. He did not respond. So I went ahead anyway and placed an order and again sent an email asking how to get a temp sensor added to the order. He responded within an hour of the order being placed, asking me if I was the person on a thread over in the Ranger Forum (I was), where I had also recommended using a Ron Francis controller, (but never mentioned anything about his) in that site/thread.

I was interested in purchasing another controller from Brian, as my son was in a recent accident which damaged the Ron Francis controller, and Brian's was cheaper. I figured I'd give him another chance at his customer service being better, as a few respected members of this site explained that it had improved.

Brian, without explaination, refunded my money two days after placing the order.

My suggestion is that if you want one of his controllers, do not comment on anyone elses thread about other controllers, nor mention that you had any ill experiences with an order of his in the past.

I will go on record as stating his controllers are very good. Before considering a purchase though, I would strongly suggest that you Google search "DCController" or "Brian Baskin", grab a large beverage of choice (because there are many, many pages of forum threads/posts on this person and his company) and easily choose for yourself if you'd like to do business with him.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 05-12-2015 at 05:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Brian Baskin and DCControllers