Topic Sponsor
Electrical, Lights and Audio "How-To" articles pertaining to the Electrical System (including Lights and Audio) of an F150

PIAA 525 Install w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Talking PIAA 525 Install w/ pics

I finally got these da** things in. I swear there were twice as many wires as the other lighting sets. But here it goes...

Here is the switch inside of the cab, I wanted to do no switch and use the headlights, but the extra blue LED would not work so I did it this way.

Next, here is the plug that was hidden behind the soundproofing stuff that I fed the wires for the switch through from the engine. It was just to the right of the steering wheel as you can see. The pic is sorta sideways, sorry.

Here is the engine side of the plug and the wires coming out. I had used electrical tape and bundled everything all together for a neater look.

Here is where I ran the wires across the engine bay. You cant see it, but they are wire tied in three places, gonna install one there in the middle to keep t from drooping like it is. You can see it just above the heat shielding along the edge of the engine compartment.

I put the power for the switch directly to the battery so I can use them whenever. It is the little white wire.

Unlike some of the other sets that I saw, this one came with 2 relays and 2 fuses. I used body trim adhesive tape to stick the fuses to one of the relays and bolted it all to the battery box. There was literally no where else to put it. Lots of wires in this one.

This lamp setup has three settings, the first is a Blue LED light up the lights when the power is on, but they are not in use. Other two are fog and driving. I tried not to tap any OEM wiring, but in order for the LED to work, it became necessary. Here I tapped the brown wire from the passenger parking light to accomplish this neatly. My thumb is where I made the splice. The white wire is the one form the PIAA lamps

As soon as the sun goes down here I will get you guys some of the pics with them on and include the day time shots as well, site says there are too many pics in here. I think the Blue glow is just kick a**!

A big thanks to all of you that helped me out especially you grand master SSC!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:31 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks awesome man!! Sorry I couldn't be of more help the other day when you pm'ed me. It wasn't a good day and it was dark outside before I got your pms.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Ok..here are the day and night pics...

Day time front and side...

Here is just the parking lights on..

This is just the high beams...

This is all of em...

The pics don't do the LED's justice...they look awesome. Now, I gotta do the lights in the cab blue. Time for a beer.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Originally Posted by Triton v8
Looks awesome man!! Sorry I couldn't be of more help the other day when you pm'ed me. It wasn't a good day and it was dark outside before I got your pms.
No worries man...it all worked out
Old 12-12-2008, 11:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great man!! Nice job.

John
Old 12-13-2008, 12:20 AM
Bleeds FORD Blue

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks good.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Those are some awesome looking lights, and a clean install, thanks for posting!

How do yall think they would look behind the grill?
Old 12-13-2008, 12:57 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Very nice job. I would have tucked the wire under the windsheild wiper cowl but other than that nice job.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Where is the opening? I could see the driver side one but not the passenger one.
Thanx for all of the feedback
Old 12-14-2008, 05:09 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks great man and they really light up the night. IMO if you're going to have a bull bar you definitely need some sort of lights on there.

Quick Reply: PIAA 525 Install w/ pics