Topic Sponsor
Electrical, Lights and Audio "How-To" articles pertaining to the Electrical System (including Lights and Audio) of an F150

JLM BI-Xenon 10000K HID Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Thumbs up JLM BI-Xenon 10000K HID Install

So, I took the next step in doing the truck all blue. My HID's came in yesterday and today I put them in.

Here is the contents of the kit. This kit acually came with the extra relay included.

Just checking out al the plus are good.

Popped the hood and ready to go.

Of course I undid the battery. I know obvious but you wouldn't believe what people do and electricity is not my friend.

Headlights out real easy. 3 screws.

Headlight wires.

The 1st ballast I hooked the bracket that was included onto the horn bolt.

Second ballast on another pre-existing bolt by my CAI.

Last edited by SinCityFX4; 12-30-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Passenger side ground to the Fog Light bracket bolt.

Driver side to a empty whole in the engine crossmember.

Put the relay on the other end of the ballast bracket to keep everything close and away from under the wheel well.

The blue matches my PIAA's perfectly. I will get some more pics when it gets totally dark. I just couldn't wait.

Last edited by SinCityFX4; 12-30-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:08 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks good from I can see.

Just curious. What kind of camera are you using?
Old 12-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Bleeds FORD Blue

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks F----- awesome. Glad you went with the HIDs. Hope you take some pics of what they look like on the highway.

And not to be rude, but what did you end up paying? I think I will eventually switch to HIDs.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:39 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Originally Posted by LovetheTide
Looks good from I can see.

Just curious. What kind of camera are you using?
It is the camera in my Blackberry, it does awesome day shots, but you have to adjust stuff for the night ones and I obviously didn't. I will take some better night shots and some on the road. It is like a blue lightening strike except it never goes away. Gonna have to do a little aiming, but they sit good.

Originally Posted by cole_ford
Looks F----- awesome. Glad you went with the HIDs. Hope you take some pics of what they look like on the highway.

And not to be rude, but what did you end up paying? I think I will eventually switch to HIDs.

I will get some new pics either tonight or tomorrow for a better view. ANd the setup was 149 from HID Outlet on Amazon. Friggin great deal! And it came with the relay which I didn't know and accidently ordered one. I will save that one as as spare I guess.

The blue is just amazing. Al those people saying you get no light from 10K are full of
Old 12-31-2008, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have any pics of them without the lights turned on I'm curious as to how they look...but the light they give looks freaking sweet and 149 is a steal

Last edited by TXRanger83; 01-01-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Originally Posted by TXRanger83
do you have any pics of them without the lights turned on I'm curious as to how they look...but the light they give looks freaking sweet and 149 is a steal

You want daytime pics?
Old 01-01-2009, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by SinCityFX4
You want daytime pics?
Yeah I'm just curious as to how the look without the lights on in the daylight...like are you able to notice any difference in the look of the light?...I have thought about doing this to my truck, but I'm not sure if I would like the look once I put projectors and HIDs in
Old 01-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Well, I am still looking for the projector unit. Right now the HID's are in the stock lamp so it doesn't look any different. I need it bad though because the beam is very messy. I am trying to find a black housing one.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by SinCityFX4
Well, I am still looking for the projector unit. Right now the HID's are in the stock lamp so it doesn't look any different. I need it bad though because the beam is very messy. I am trying to find a black housing one.
A buddy of mine used http://www.customlightz.com/ to get his... they are kinda price but seem pretty high quality, but he has an acura integra, im just afraid after spending 400-500 bucks I wont like the look of the headlight it self

Quick Reply: JLM BI-Xenon 10000K HID Install