Topic Sponsor
Engine & Drivetrain "How-To" articles pertaining to the Engine and Drivetrain of an F150 (including Exhaust)

heater fan replacement

Old 04-05-2009, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb heater fan replacement

2004 scab. Just replaced my heater fan wheel. Here's a little tip that will make it a simple job. You will need a 5/16 RATCHETING WRENCH, you could use a socket wrench but there is so little room, even for a 1/4 socket set. Next thing you will need is a razor knife. Take the fuse box cover off, pull back the carpeting. You should see a layer of sound deading material. (This might be the hard part for some of you guys) Right below the fan, take your razor knife and cut out patch of deading stuff about 8" wide from the bottom to an inch or so from the top. Now there will be enought room to pull the fan out of the duct work. Remove the three screws hold ing the motor in place, rotate it around and remove the wireing harness. When your all finished replace the sound deading material and hold it place with some duct tape.

Last edited by SinCityFX4; 05-01-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Fomoco

Just wondering why it needed replaced. I have an 04' F150. When I turn the heater fan on, I hear a slight squealing/chirping sound, but it still blows air good. I figure that I will soon be replacing the blower motor. Was that your initial problem also? Thanks.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:58 PM

Unhappy Blows Air but no HEAT !

2001 f-150 blows air but no heat comes out. The truck does not over heat. Can anyone help with this or get me to the right HOW TO blog.

Thanks , Weichert

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: heater fan replacement