Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

The wait is over....

Old 09-19-2013, 03:42 PM

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
Default The wait is over....

I received a very eagerly awaited package today at work. Now if I only had more vacation time I'd be at home still installing these bad boys.

All new gaskets, studs and adapters, the only thing I didn't get was the modified wrench for the water lines, which I didn't need because I have two of them from taking the turbos off to begin with. Mat had mentioned he might be including one with the kits for any of you that order from him to make install easier (and believe me it does) but I'll let him speak to that.
As I've said, Mat's been great to work with and always available to talk to when needed (except when he's dropping 300lb molds on this toes ) and has gone above and beyond to make things right.
In any case, I will be starting the install this evening....I have a feeling tonight may be a late night.

Last edited by StrawHatShinobi; 09-19-2013 at 04:38 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by StrawHatShinobi:
boosted150 (10-02-2013), Franchi Motorsports (09-19-2013), Half_ton (09-19-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 03:45 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

OHH SHINY! Me likes!
Old 09-19-2013, 03:48 PM
F150 Forum

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by StrawHatShinobi
I received a very eagerly awaited package today at work. Now if I only had more vacation time I'd be at home still installing these bad boys.

All new gaskets, studs and adapters, the only thing I didn't get was the modified wrench for the water lines, which I didn't need because I have two of them from taking the turbos off to begin with. Mat had mentioned possibly including one with the kit to make install easier but I'll let him speak to that.
As I've said, Mat's been great to work with and always available to talk to when needed (except when he's dropping 300lb molds on this toes ) and has gone above and beyond to make things right.
In any case, I will be starting the install this evening....I have a feeling tonight may be a late night.
Sorry about the wrench...I though you have that covered since I stole the idea from you...ha. I'll ship it out with the rest of your booty if you want.

We have two more spots left before we go into production. PM me if you want on the beta test list.

Last edited by Mat@Morkindesign.com; 09-19-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: add info
Old 09-19-2013, 03:57 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If you weren't on the other side of the country I'd offer to help install.

keep us posted!
Old 09-19-2013, 03:58 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

What the difference from stock?
Old 09-19-2013, 04:09 PM

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Mat@Morkindesign.com
Sorry about the wrench...I though you have that covered since I stole the idea from you...ha. I'll ship it out with the rest of your booty if you want.

We have two more spots left before we go into production. PM me if you want on the beta test list.
Don't worry about it man, like I said I have two of them and wasn't expecting to see one. I have to keep two of everything around because I set stuff down when I'm wrenching and I inevitably lose it
I keep the local Sears afloat I think.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:53 PM

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by StrawHatShinobi
I received a very eagerly awaited package today at work. Now if I only had more vacation time I'd be at home still installing these bad boys. All new gaskets, studs and adapters, the only thing I didn't get was the modified wrench for the water lines, which I didn't need because I have two of them from taking the turbos off to begin with. Mat had mentioned he might be including one with the kits for any of you that order from him to make install easier (and believe me it does) but I'll let him speak to that. As I've said, Mat's been great to work with and always available to talk to when needed (except when he's dropping 300lb molds on this toes ) and has gone above and beyond to make things right. In any case, I will be starting the install this evening....I have a feeling tonight may be a late night.
Fap fap fap fap fap. Lol
Old 09-19-2013, 06:27 PM
F150 Forum

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by murdr
What the difference from stock?
Good question. The difference between THE56's, our stage 1 turbos and stock are a larger 11 blade 56mm exducer with extended tips and an upgraded thrust, compared to the stock 2013's 51 mm exducer. These turbos can live around 19-22 psi all day, and make power where the stock turbos lose their lungs.

The real truth is that not the difference but the commonality. THE56's retain the standard and reverse rotational blades, and because THE56's are a compressor wheel only upgrade they utilize the stock intake, exhaust and pressure ducting. The fit and finish is as it came from Ford. THE56's use OEM gaskets and hardware, which we include in the kit. The spool time is near stock, which is something I want Strawhat to confirm so it is not just me saying it. These turbos are perfect for a street/tow/track application.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:57 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Mat@Morkindesign.com

Good question. The difference between THE56's, our stage 1 turbos and stock are a larger 11 blade 56mm exducer with extended tips and an upgraded thrust, compared to the stock 2013's 51 mm exducer. These turbos can live around 19-22 psi all day, and make power where the stock turbos lose their lungs.

The real truth is that not the difference but the commonality. THE56's retain the standard and reverse rotational blades, and because THE56's are a compressor wheel only upgrade they utilize the stock intake, exhaust and pressure ducting. The fit and finish is as it came from Ford. THE56's use OEM gaskets and hardware, which we include in the kit. The spool time is near stock, which is something I want Strawhat to confirm so it is not just me saying it. These turbos are perfect for a street/tow/track application.
Do you have to run such high boost? Could you tune it for like stock psi around 16 and still gain over the stock turbos?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:10 PM
See? It works in monkeys!

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Mmmm... delicious!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The wait is over....