Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Unleashed

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 11:19 PM

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Unleashed

Hey all, I just didn't feel right about how the whole MPT vs Unleashed thread ended. So, I wanted to post my experience with Torrie since I don't feel it right to have one guy's "bad experience" from a misunderstood email to ruin what could be a great experience for the rest of us. Especially when said person was also on Torrie's defense when another member "misunderood" an email from him. Yes, he is short and concise with his answers, but he's to the point and is willing to work through the issues we each have with our tunes. My idea of how a tune should act/shift/respond is not what YOUR idea of how YOUR tune should react. That's why its "custom" and while he might try to do his best to please the masses with a generic tune, each of us will have our specific needs. For the $199 I paid for tunes that worked as well (better actually)as any other, yet solved the driveability issues I had with the truck in stock form or with my other tunes is worth it in my book. He has been nothing but the best to work with IMO and the only one to ask what my issues were with the truck and what I wanted to see out of the tune.
I will tell you all this much, if I have my way and get to transplant my family to FL, my truck will have a visit to Unleashed for Torrie's personal touch on the dyno.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:35 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

How many continous miles have you logged on an unleashed tune without reflashing?
Old 05-31-2013, 12:08 AM

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts

Probably a little over 2k (5k total on the truck) with the first go around of the tune, switched out to the updated version when I got the truck back on the road. This weekend I ran all my tunes, the updated MPT, the old MPT, the old and new version of Unleashed, the 5* performance/tow and ended back on the new Unleashed. I would have more on the updated version but my truck was garage bound without wheels for about 3 weeks.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:12 AM

Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

Unleashed in emerging as top dog i am seeing but only have one review on Socal and shwan has been working with me..... Socal Tune on the way for me.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:22 AM

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by setxathlete14
Unleashed in emerging as top dog i am seeing but only have one review on Socal and shwan has been working with me..... Socal Tune on the way for me.
So what are their final numbers and what is their fastest 1/4 mile time?
Old 05-31-2013, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i been toying with the idea of trying the unleashed tunes also... up to this point all i have are 5Star tunes.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:11 PM

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob1334
So what are their final numbers and what is their fastest 1/4 mile time?
Still waiting on those numbers to prove the claims that the SoCal tune is the best. I think they have a donor truck for tuning now so maybe some concrete numbers will surface.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:00 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by hoang5659
i been toying with the idea of trying the unleashed tunes also... up to this point all i have are 5Star tunes.
You have an ecoboost or 5.0?
Old 05-31-2013, 05:09 PM

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

I've ran 5star MPT and Unleashed. Unleashed is my favorite. Best drive ability and mileage. I got really good service from all 3 vendors.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:43 PM

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Joewee3.5
Still waiting on those numbers to prove the claims that the SoCal tune is the best. I think they have a donor truck for tuning now so maybe some concrete numbers will surface.
Getting dyno #ers of unleashed, Socal, and AED tomorrow. Will keep "all else constant" so that we will get a decent indication as to which is more powerful. I will not have 1/4 mile times however. I am driving 2 hours (each way) to Sacramento for this dyno session and wont have time to hit the track. Nearest track is 1+ hours away and only has open track night on Wednesdays which... in the bay area of California after work... that 1 hour turns into 2 or 3.

Apart from providing solid numbers, I will be leaving this thread alone - no worries guys
The following users liked this post:
EcoBoostedFX (05-31-2013)

Quick Reply: Unleashed