Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

SCT 3015 Users - Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 01:57 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default SCT 3015 Users - Question

I have had the tuner now for about 6 months with mike 5star tunes and love it. However, i have also had the fall-on-your-face issue a few times both with a tune and stock. It has only thrown the "wrench" twice, once it just flashed up and said to have it serviced, another time it completely put it into limp mode ( speed went dead, odometer just had dashes...) Both times the warning went away after i restarted it and both times i tried to read any codes using the sct device and got nothing. Last week i finally needed an oil change, so i put the ecu back to stock and took it in. i told the service manager i had the light on and the lack of power issue and showed him a printout of TSB 12-10-19 and he said hed have the tech check it out. Little while later he called asking me if i cleared the codes somehow bc they didnt seen any codes so he wasnt going to do the tsb work (not happy bout that since the tsb says "may" throw a code but ill save that for another thread if another dealer says the same thing)

1) does the sct tuner have the capability to even read those codes if any where actually stored?

and 2) does changing out tunes clear any stored tunes out of the computer?

New to these ecms so ive learned there are differnt levels of when the wrench comes and that it may or may not store a code but please correct me if that is false incorrect info.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:04 PM

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Yes and yes.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:14 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

So i need to leave it stock for an indefinate amount of time untill the next time it decides to have the hiccups and the light comes then hope and prey its stored untill i can get it to a dealer have the tsb work done?

Would be so much easier if my SM just went "ok, i believe you, ill order the parts". Figure after dropping 40 grand and doing every service for the truck would be good enough that hed be a little more service freindly.

Edit- and i hate having it stock after running the 5star 93pt tune for months now...blows.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:18 PM

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Yup. Mine damaged the cat so it only took 50 miles for the light to come back on. They had my truck for less than an hour to have the parts ordered.

Quick Reply: SCT 3015 Users - Question