Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Same Codes Different Day Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same Codes Different Day Help Please

hows it going everyone. New to the site so bare with me. heres a little background on the new truck. 2013 F150 5.0 just picked up this beauty about a 4 weeks ago. 60,000 miles but have an extended warranty for another 54K. Heres the issue...
Drove the truck 600 miles and got a p0012/p0014 (yes i know what the codes mean but Why is the question)
Before the codes are thrown i feel the truck bogging down and struggling to hold speed, feels like a timing issue. i cleared the codes which came on multiple times since i was far away from home. Sometimes if i start the truck it will run fine and other days it will run crappy. so i shut if off clear the codes and restart with my fingers crossed. May run good and then again may run like crap.
Took to the dealership when truck was running good and they could not duplicate the problem. They even checked the timing and said it was on point and it's not running rich or lean. drove about 50 miles and got a p0012 so i took the throttle body off cleaned it real well and truck was running good. drove another 500 miles everything was good and then P0012 again on the highway. previous warranty work at 57k was the VCT solenoids and a water pump before that. The truck has no tuner or exhaust but it does have an airaid CAI and some aftermarket TBS which im taking off soon. Any suggestions or help is appreaciated on the next step.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:39 AM

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I remember someone else describing this same issue a few days back and it turned out that there was some kind of plug in one of the heads form the factory stopping the correct oil flow or something like that and they had to remove that and that came form the Ford Hot line I believe. Search around because I did see something to that extent posted on here.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:44 AM

Here is the link https://www.f150forum.com/f70/2012-f...d-head-354413/
Old 08-27-2016, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man thank you for that link! That is the exact problem I'm having with my truck. It sucks because I just got it, but this will help me better explain to the dealer what's going on.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by DFWF150
Man thank you for that link! That is the exact problem I'm having with my truck. It sucks because I just got it, but this will help me better explain to the dealer what's going on.
Your welcome and thanks to the other guy who posted that same problem as I had just read it like a day or two ago and it stuck in my head. i was at work this morning on night shift and i usually check in to see if i see anything new that I may be able to help someone or learn something. Good luck and I hope you get your truck back to where it needs to be and can enjoy it, as that makes life a lot easier when your happy. take care.

Quick Reply: Same Codes Different Day Help Please