Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Roush cai installed today.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:22 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Roush cai installed today.

I installed my ROUSH cai today it was very easy to do, the only real specialized tool needed was a torx bit for maf screws.

Before I installed this I read that others heard a noticeable noise & GROWL sound above 2k rpms...this is no joke it sounds like a monster compared to the stock pipe above 2k rpm.

ROUSH pipe vs. Stock pipe

Stock filter vs. ROUSH filter

ROUSH unit installed.

Pay attention to the filter vs. box orientation or it will rattle..ask me how I know

Old 03-18-2012, 12:28 AM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Your pictures are awesome. I love how you took the time to set the stock parts and compare them with the Roush.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:29 AM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Maybe you can make a video of the growl
Old 03-18-2012, 09:03 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks nice and sure cleans up the engine bay.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:58 PM
IM NOT A JUNIOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you feel any power gains
Old 04-08-2012, 09:40 AM

Received 163 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Doogie
Did you feel any power gains
Or how about: did you (or anybody for that matter, including Roush who doesn't seem to publish this data) MEASURE any power gains?
Old 04-08-2012, 10:15 AM

HMMM ... closest I came to measuring was at the track with the Superchips tune which had no CAI option. Then, I bought the 5-Star tune so I could specifically take advantage of my CAI. Ran consistently better times. Other than tune & CAI, the truck was stock everything else.

IMHO for a 100% stock vehicle with stock tune, it only makes common sense to me the MAF would demand the ECU compensate for the added air intake charge and provide better performance.

Would it be measurable on a dyno? Yes if all things were equal, but, not enough to present a winning arguement.

Most of us know all things will never be equal on the same dyno, same day, same calibration, same SAE corrected numbers ... too many variables ... just my .02 cents and I could care less about what anyone thinks about my opinion.

And look how clean the engine bays gets:
Attached Thumbnails Roush cai installed today.-cai-stock.jpg   Roush cai installed today.-cai-k-n.jpg  

Last edited by jeb99ta; 04-08-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:13 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

My @$$ dyno says yes there is better throttle response. My on board Avg MPH computer tells me 1-2 mpg better. I can't put a number on it however...3-5-10hp probably not 10hp.

To me the real test would be a before and after at the drag strip, as mentioned there are too many variables in Dyno testing.

I can say this for sure....The ROUSH CAI coupled with the ROUSH cat-back make the truck more "fun" to drive. IMHO- these parts are worth it.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:44 PM

All-in-all, the cam would be the restriction, eventually, but, not with just a CAI and exhaust. The throttle reponse is incredibly better ... snappy, crisp, and way better. I don't think too many people would argue that point. That's def a great feeling and the first thing you notice when making the switch from stock.

The CAI adds little power by itself, but, I am one of believers that it's prob 5 RWHP & 3-4 RWTQ. The gain is there, but, this has been argue'd since the inception of the CAI. It's subjective to the driver.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:48 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I have one coming on tuesday, rumor has it they are louder after the cai. Is it a nice improvement or it it annoying like some have said?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Roush cai installed today.