Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

recommend a custom guy for a custom tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 10:51 AM

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Default recommend a custom guy for a custom tune

Does anyone know someone doing custom tunes besides Livernois?

I would luv to get bigger hp tq numbers then an out of box tuner.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Inebriated 4 ur safety

Received 894 Likes on 483 Posts

SCT tuner with 3 pre-loaded canned tunes + 3 custom 5 Star tunes of your choice for $449.00. That is a hell of a deal! Some tunes are not out yet but will be out shortly. The device will hold all six tunes so you do not have to email or hook your tuner up to a computer everytime you want to change to another tune. If you go with 5 Star's performance/tow tunes then you do not have to have a special tune just to tow since all of his performance tunes can safley handle up to the trucks OE tow rating while still having better then the canned tuned power numbers.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:52 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Innovative diesel and Mike at 5 star are currently best ecoboost custom tuners put there now in my opinion.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:31 PM

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

As someone who doesn't own a tuner yet, and the SCT device only being out for what 2 weeks now (working for one week), any reviews about those mentioned tuners with running kits, I would like to see/hear how their tunes compare to Livernois who has been out for a long time now and has a clean reputation, thanks.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:52 PM
better looking than geno

Received 275 Likes on 169 Posts

I have the innovative tunes atm. 93 performance and 93 xtreme are the only two I have ran thus far. The towing tune is more conservative, the other two are the same in most regards except the xtreme has more of the torque management nanny devices removed. The xtreme is quite ridiculous, meant for the track. The first day I took it out for a ride and let it warm up good, tranny included at the end of a dead end I made a u-turn and punched it, it litterally spun all of first and part of the way through second and was still "skipping" like the tires were warm enough to grab but not quite down. The performance has a lot more manners, feels better day to day driving. I haven't had time to check gas mileage out much as I don't drive this truck daily. I think it's about the same as I was getting stock. Eric has been great to work with.

I will probably try Mike from 5star's 93 tune out as well when he releases it.

SCT isn't new, just took some time to unlock the ECM. Give it time for the custom guys to find their groove. That's where the best gains will be had.

Quick Reply: recommend a custom guy for a custom tune