Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

poll, who has best off road mid pipe ecoboost?

Old 07-19-2013, 10:34 AM

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Lightbulb poll, who has best off road mid pipe ecoboost?

Just curious to hear peoples opinions, on who has the best off road mid pipe?
Old 07-19-2013, 10:57 AM

Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

stock exhaust with cat deletes. way cheaperand doesnt harm stock sound that bad and flows just as well.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:59 AM

Received 3,926 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Everybody thinks whichever one they have is the best. I'm happy with my Livernois downpipe.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:05 AM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

I believe your looking for a downpipe as that is the section in which the cat converters are placed. There's many vendors offering offroad downpipes now including Mac, Livernois, Stainless Works, and Solo. I believe they all offer 304 Stainless and are 3" after the turbo connection. So to pick the best one would be splitting hairs. If your looking for top notch welds I can only speak for Livernois which I believe is made by American Racing Header. ARH produces top notch stuff.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:10 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Best what? Sound? Price? Workmanship? Warranty? Best is subjective.

Course I like my SW offroad downpipe with lifetime warranty on it but I dont have any experience with Livernois or Solo although from what I've read online, seem to be very quality kits as well.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:43 AM

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

do all the downpipes have the transition piece right off the turbo then about 5 or so inches back transition to 3"?
Old 07-19-2013, 11:46 AM

Received 3,926 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by XFJunkie
do all the downpipes have the transition piece right off the turbo then about 5 or so inches back transition to 3"?
The whole Livernois downpipe is 3".
Old 07-19-2013, 03:04 PM

Received 200 Likes on 137 Posts

My Stainless Works SUCKS. Do not buy one. Terrible customer service god awful. I have been waiting over 2 months for them to remedy the problem. Well guess what they have done nothing. They got my money and have not looked back. Keep telling me they want to help me have they no. Do they own a ecoboost to test or duplicate my problem no. So word of advice do not buyStainless Works!!
Old 07-19-2013, 03:08 PM
F150 Forum

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted Limited
My Stainless Works SUCKS. Do not buy one. Terrible customer service god awful. I have been waiting over 2 months for them to remedy the problem. Well guess what they have done nothing. They got my money and have not looked back. Keep telling me they want to help me have they no. Do they own a ecoboost to test or duplicate my problem no. So word of advice do not buyStainless Works!!
Why does it suck?
Old 07-19-2013, 03:17 PM

Received 200 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Mat@Morkindesign.com

Why does it suck?
Cause I have a buzzing sound from 3400-4400 rpm range at part and wot. And they say it could be the install, the factory res, or a waste gate. Well other companies not having that problem and this is the second one I have installed on this truck. I know 3 other ppl having the same problem but SW just rights it off as improper install factory res or wastegate. I have taken it off and reinstalled it 2 times and have the same problem. Even put the factory DP back on and guess what no buzz but with SW buzz metal sound. Nothing is touching no heat shields nothing touching the frame nothing and everything is impacted and torqued. And like I said they have been no help. Keep saying they want to help me but have done nothing. Like I said they don't own a ecoboost to test and see for a fix or see if they can duplicate it. And was told point blank they never tested DP with stock exhaust my god you would think an exhaust company would test every combo possible before rushing something to market. I believe it is the y pipe connects causing the buzz sound. They are the only company that has the pipes connecting at the y pipe section. I have compared it to other DP and have talked to other companies that have installed SW and other companies DP and I have been told that the stainless is much thinner on SW compared to others. So I has turned out to be a waste of money.

Last edited by Boosted Limited; 07-19-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: poll, who has best off road mid pipe ecoboost?