Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Oil spitting out of CAC weep hole.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil spitting out of CAC weep hole.

Hello everyone!

I just drilled the 1/32 hole into the cold side of the intercooler today having seen all of the success people are getting out of doing it. I just purchased the truck (2013 F150 EB with 28K) about 600 miles ago. I have not had the issue with the shudder/misfire, but decided to go ahead and do it just in case there was water building up in the CAC.

Upon the first startup since drilling the hole I had no water exit, just oil. From what I have read oil in the CAC is normal but to me this seems excessive as I have owned many turbocharged vehicles in the past without experiencing anything like this.

I just bought the truck so I am a little paranoid. I understand the PCV on the driver side cam cover does go directly into the driver side turbo. Could this be where I am getting the oil? Is this amount something to be concerned about? I really would like to not have to go to Ford and tell them I found this issue after drilling a hole into the intercooler

The oil was expelled by lightly brake boosting the truck in my garage. I took the truck out afterwards and it seems that the majority of the oil is now emptied.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails Oil spitting out of CAC weep hole.-2015-09-26-14.15.20.jpg  
Old 09-26-2015, 06:21 PM

Received 708 Likes on 486 Posts

from what I've seen around here of people who did that and "collected" the liquid, or installed catch cans, it doesn't seem excessive at all...
The following users liked this post:
FXScrew (09-26-2015)
Old 09-26-2015, 06:36 PM

Received 3,933 Likes on 2,510 Posts

You just fixed your truck...Stop worrying and enjoy your new truck.
You may want to throw a new set of Motorcraft SP-534's in it at some point.
FXScrew (09-26-2015)
Old 09-27-2015, 05:07 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Yep, stop worrying
Old 09-28-2015, 10:38 AM
F150 Forum

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by FXScrew
Hello everyone!

I just drilled the 1/32 hole into the cold side of the intercooler today having seen all of the success people are getting out of doing it. I just purchased the truck (2013 F150 EB with 28K) about 600 miles ago. I have not had the issue with the shudder/misfire, but decided to go ahead and do it just in case there was water building up in the CAC.

Upon the first startup since drilling the hole I had no water exit, just oil. From what I have read oil in the CAC is normal but to me this seems excessive as I have owned many turbocharged vehicles in the past without experiencing anything like this.

I just bought the truck so I am a little paranoid. I understand the PCV on the driver side cam cover does go directly into the driver side turbo. Could this be where I am getting the oil? Is this amount something to be concerned about? I really would like to not have to go to Ford and tell them I found this issue after drilling a hole into the intercooler

The oil was expelled by lightly brake boosting the truck in my garage. I took the truck out afterwards and it seems that the majority of the oil is now emptied.

Thanks in advance!
If you're interested in a catch can, we are offering a Group Buy right now. It ends on Wednesday, we will announce the discounted pricing then. Here's a link... https://www.f150forum.com/f37/rx-cat...up-buy-315402/
Toddman38 (09-28-2015)

Quick Reply: Oil spitting out of CAC weep hole.