Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

No start

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start

I have a 2011 F150, 5.0; It will not start. The starter never gave any notice of drag. I have had the battery tested and it is good. When I turn the key to auxiliary spot on the ignition everything works but when I go to the starting position nothing. I am thinking it may have something to do with anti-theft.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:53 PM

Received 196 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by gwood1958
I have a 2011 F150, 5.0; It will not start. The starter never gave any notice of drag. I have had the battery tested and it is good. When I turn the key to auxiliary spot on the ignition everything works but when I go to the starting position nothing. I am thinking it may have something to do with anti-theft.
You check to see if brake lights are working? Another problem could be transmission range sensor. Mine has done it about 3-4 times where I hop in and no start. Cycling the key about 50 times it would finally start. Finally threw a code for the transmission range sensor. But now it hasn't done it for about 3 months and I never touched anything.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:20 AM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Lightbulb

As a follow-up to maplelakeduckslayer .....

If it won't start in P(ark), put your foot on the brake, shift to N(eutral), and try starting it.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:48 AM

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Default No Start too

Originally Posted by gwood1958

I’ve experienced exactly the same thing - foot on brake, transmission in park ->turn the key and nothing. Turn it back and try again and it usually starts the 2nd time. I’ve had the dealer inspect but since they were not able to reproduce and no codes were thrown, no luck. I’ve also experienced another possibly unrelated issue where I walk away from the truck with key out and everything off only to return and hear the stereo on full with display on. That’s happened maybe 3-4 times in 2 years so even harder to reproduce.

If you get to the bottom of your No Start issue, please respond to this thread so maybe we can get ours fixed too?

Quick Reply: No start