Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

New TSB coming

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 08:38 PM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts
Default New TSB coming

I have been unhappy with the loss of power after 13-3-3 which the service manager and field engineer acknowledged. The field engineer said they are already redesigning the tubing for the CAC coming September or November, and he also said he was asked about it he would say he knows nothing of it. .

It's pretty disheartening that Ford knows of a major issue and keeps putting ****te band-aid fixes on my truck. Just a FYI for ya'll. he also said any of the old stock of tubes are currently being scrapped. I know this because I've been asking for my truck to be returned to stock (before 13-3-3).
The only thing he can do is hook it up to his scanner and look at all the parimiters. Don't think he'll get jack shyt accomplished, but at this point I'm willing to try just about anything to have my "old" ecoboost back, because after 13-3-3 I have the ecopoop edition.

Cliff's- new tsb coming for cac piping
Me-cranky and venting about loss of power
Old 07-25-2013, 09:38 PM

Received 175 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Half_ton
I have been unhappy with the loss of power after 13-3-3 which the service manager and field engineer acknowledged. The field engineer said they are already redesigning the tubing for the CAC coming September or November, and he also said he was asked about it he would say he knows nothing of it. .

It's pretty disheartening that Ford knows of a major issue and keeps putting ****te band-aid fixes on my truck. Just a FYI for ya'll. he also said any of the old stock of tubes are currently being scrapped. I know this because I've been asking for my truck to be returned to stock (before 13-3-3).
The only thing he can do is hook it up to his scanner and look at all the parimiters. Don't think he'll get jack shyt accomplished, but at this point I'm willing to try just about anything to have my "old" ecoboost back, because after 13-3-3 I have the ecopoop edition.

I see in your signature you have the FullRace intercooler. Are you still having issues with the new intercooler? Never mind I read your sig better.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:44 PM

I was literally hours from ordering one until a new thread popped up with a few guys saying the FR CAC was doing the same.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:58 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I traded my '11 Ecoboost EXACTLY because of TSB 13-3-3 problems. I was also getting tired of missing. I decided to get a 5.0. I am quite happy and even getting slightly better economy. Had 2k miles till out of 36000 mile warranty, and figured I better move on. First Ford vehicle I've ever had issues with. A shme, the EB has got such potential. I am sure Ford will cure the problem, I just don't want to be thier beta tester...
The following users liked this post:
Half_ton (07-26-2013)
Old 07-26-2013, 01:06 AM

Can you pm me the details of your trade please? Did they screw you over? Did you lose your rear? I'm at that point with this thing....
Old 07-26-2013, 09:15 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I was literally hours from ordering one until a new thread popped up with a few guys saying the FR CAC was doing the same.
Really? dang, I wanted one also. Link?
Old 07-26-2013, 01:04 PM

https://www.f150forum.com/f70/codens...cooler-216830/
Old 07-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Opinionated Blowhard

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts

I had 13-3-3 performed as well. I too am wondering where my kick in the *** EB went. Another poster in another thread said that his times before and after the TSB were the same. Clocks don't lie, but my butt dyno tells me the power is down especially at the bottom end.

I just wonder if they will eventually design a moisture sensor that will open a small valve at a collection point in the CAC flow where any condensation can collect and be expelled with boost pressure. It seems that there has to be a low point where the condensate is collecting before boost pressure and air speed push the water into the engine.

I just passed 37k miles and have been considering the same trade. But I'm afraid that dealers will screw us because of the model and problems. KBB is showing a good resale value, but I cannot in good conscience sell my EB outright to someone knowing that the same issue I'm having could happen to them.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:51 PM

Received 1,556 Likes on 990 Posts

Volvo put tiny weep holes in the bottom of their intercoolers for years to drain water. Also, if you get bored, look up the Chevy Cobalt intercooler. It has a condensate trap on it. Both of these are simple and cheap solutions.
The following users liked this post:
Kenferg1 (07-27-2013)
Old 07-26-2013, 10:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by engineermike
Volvo put tiny weep holes in the bottom of their intercoolers for years to drain water. Also, if you get bored, look up the Chevy Cobalt intercooler. It has a condensate trap on it. Both of these are simple and cheap solutions.
Curious as to why Ford didn't realize that condensation could be a problem...

Quick Reply: New TSB coming