Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Loss of power after update on EB.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 08:25 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Loss of power after update on EB.

Had my truck in the shop last week got it updated and they replaced my left bank cat, seems like it lost some power. Anyone else notice it??
Old 03-07-2012, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No I really hadn't noticed that you'd lost any power.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:30 PM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by EcoBco
Had my truck in the shop last week got it updated and they replaced my left bank cat, seems like it lost some power. Anyone else notice it??
I was gonna start a thread on a similar subject. I got the idle tsb done which applies for idle, shifting and fuel economy. After getting my truck back it feels like it needs more throttle to go the same pace. They took away some tip in, which could be all they did for mileage. Making people drive easier without realizing it. I admit that it was chipped before taking it in but I've gone from tuned to stock and back without noticing much going to stock. It always feels faster tuned but doesn't feel much slower stock. Maybe it's just me.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by borjeb

I was gonna start a thread on a similar subject. I got the idle tsb done which applies for idle, shifting and fuel economy. After getting my truck back it feels like it needs more throttle to go the same pace. They took away some tip in, which could be all they did for mileage. Making people drive easier without realizing it. I admit that it was chipped before taking it in but I've gone from tuned to stock and back without noticing much going to stock. It always feels faster tuned but doesn't feel much slower stock. Maybe it's just me.
I used to be able to break the rear tires loose at a slow roll and now they wont even chirp. Def. agree on the it takes more throttle to go the same place
Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 PM

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by borjeb
Sorry for being off topic, but the dealer's computer did not throw up any red flags that you had removed your tune when they updated your computer. I was under the impression that they could tell if your truck was chiped even if you removed it.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:59 PM

The service manager watched me take it out, he also told me they can tell but they have to look very deep. They just know when I gets flashed, so if the times doesn't correspond with fords records they know you had it chipped. Funny thing is their computer wouldn't reflash it because a parameter had been changed. Turned out I forgot I changed the tire size. That doesn't get removed with the tune. Which also means you can do that without the whole warranty issue because it is separate.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:09 AM

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you have a cool dealer.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:12 AM

He asked if I had time to look at my truck like I had been asking about, I said yeah but let me pull my chip out first. The whole service staff had a good chuckle and then stood by my door asking how it drove, what kind of mileage, yada yada about the chip. Lol.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EcoBco
I used to be able to break the rear tires loose at a slow roll and now they wont even chirp. Def. agree on the it takes more throttle to go the same place
I must have a real dud...my truck would never break the back tires loose, and now that I just got it back from the dealer, it does seem to have lost some power and take more pedal to go the same speed.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by EcoBoostFTW
I must have a real dud...my truck would never break the back tires loose, and now that I just got it back from the dealer, it does seem to have lost some power and take more pedal to go the same speed.
my truck had alot of pep with the old calibration, i could be rolling at like 15mph and put it to the floor and it would break loose. now the only time i can spin them is if i brake torque/boost launch it. seems to have lost some power and i am not happy about it because i am not gettin any better gas mileage, city driving old calibration was 13mpg and now its up to 13.4 so it didnt really do anything for the fuel mileage part. i would rather have the old calibration back and deal with the surging.

Quick Reply: Loss of power after update on EB.