Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Livernois Motorsports "Alky" methanol injection kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 08:47 PM
B-52 Chief

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhappy Livernois Motorsports "Alky" methanol injection kit

Haven't heard much from Rick @ Livernois in awhile... Has the EcoBoost craze died out with them?? I know there was talk of Livernois installing their "alky" kit on their shop truck but have heard anything since...

Generally, do you think Livernois is still working up some EB hp or have they turned a corner on us? Their wasn't even a x-mas special offered by them...
Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Call Rick. I'm pretty sure he'll give you an update.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:12 PM

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

I want to warn you guys about Livernois regarding this Meth kit. I have been doing research on meth kits as I am going to add one to my truck.

Their kit is top-of-the line, HOWEVER...

They farm-out all of the parts except for the mounting bracket for the reservoir (cheap) and the instructions/tech support (in case you need it). This kit if you bought the same exact equipment and made it yourself would cost ~$700.

They are charging a $500 premium for a bracket and instructions just to say that it is specifically for the F-150 - that pi**es me off. That is roughly a 42% profit margin and basically robbery.

I doubt that I am wrong. But please, someone correct me if I am - as I don't want to state something negative if it is not in fact true.

Last edited by lanmorga; 04-18-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:34 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Rick at Livernois will no longer be at Livernois so they are short a middle man that kept us all up to date on their products and tuner vehicles. I highly doubt that they gave up on the Ecoboost due to the popularity of the engine and the fact that smaller displacement engines with turbos are here to stay.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by lanmorga
I want to warn you guys about Livernois regarding this Meth kit. I have been doing research on meth kits as I am going to add one to my truck.

They farm-out all of the parts except for the mounting bracket for the reservoir (cheap) and the instructions/tech support (in case you need it). This kit if you bought the same exact equipment and made it yourself would cost ~$700.

They are charging a $500 premium for a bracket and instructions just to say that it is specifically for the F-150 - that pi**es me off. That is roughly a 42% profit margin and basically robbery.

I doubt that I am wrong. But please, someone correct me if I am - as I don't want to state something negative if it is not in fact true.

Oh, and thats what you could get all of the parts for retail - Livernois I am sure gets it even cheaper than that. They are doubling the price for a bracket and some pieces of paper.

tisk tisk
Old 04-18-2013, 06:35 PM
hi!

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Oh, and thats what you could get all of the parts for retail - Livernois I am sure gets it even cheaper than that. They are doubling the price for a bracket and some pieces of paper.

tisk tisk
Capitalism is an amazing thing. Maybe they should sell their products at cost instead. Spread the wealth, comrade!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Eye of the Tiger

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jetlag

Capitalism is an amazing thing. Maybe they should sell their products at cost instead. Spread the wealth, comrade!
Indeed. If they marked it up 1000% and people still bought it, then why not? That's the point of competition. If you can find it cheaper elsewhere go for it. You aren't getting screwed because you don't have to buy a meth kit.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Rasslin

Received 125 Likes on 74 Posts

One of the main reasons I don't like Livernois, they middle man stuff and mark it up way, way too much.
The meth kit is made by these guys:
http://www.alkycontrol.com/
Julio is an awesome guy and will source the kit direct if you contact him.
The following users liked this post:
lanmorga (04-18-2013)
Old 04-18-2013, 09:46 PM

Received 482 Likes on 304 Posts

There are a lot of things in life that you can buy cheaper if you buy the pieces separately, you pay for the convenience of getting them all from one place and knowing that if you have a problem you have someone to call. If you want it as cheap as possible, buy the parts yourself and put together your own kit...no one saying you cant do that.

I hope you never buy soda at a restaurant because they make a lot more than just double their cost.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:16 PM

Ironically, you are speaking of capitalism to someone who has a BS in Economics - me

I understand that you can go elsewhere, which everyone would do if they had this information. Perfect competition only occurs under the assumption that there is perfect information - which the internet helps.

I am spreading the word and helping out that "perfect information" assumption become reality.

There is a threashold that has been crossed from good business / capitalism to greed and taking advantage of those who don't know better. They do virtually nothing to build this kit and almost double the price - that is unethical in my opinion.

Last edited by lanmorga; 04-18-2013 at 10:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mtxpert (04-18-2013)

Quick Reply: Livernois Motorsports "Alky" methanol injection kit