Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Livernois F150 Tuning ????

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Livernois F150 Tuning ????

So I have been following his site for a while and just decided to join up. Early on I read alot about the Livernois tunes for the F150's. As of late they have been very quiet and I have not heard too much. Do they still have good tunes and are they comparable to the other companies with the SCT tuners?
Old 08-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Deer Slayer

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

If you follow the forum it is plain to see that the reason you are not seeing as much is because more people are in the game now. For awhile they were the only real tune out there. Now people are jumping on the bandwagon for SCT, 5 Star, etc. Livernois is still a great tune and they are now upgrading their device to hold 4 tunes at a time.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:44 PM

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

Still no issues with mine and I personally think their tune rocks. I have had zero problems with it from the day I bought it and have had nothing but huge grins from friends and family when I show them what the V6 is capable of.

Honestly there is a lot of talk still with the SCT tuners because they are new still and other companies are now just catching up as well as all the issues with the tuner itself.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick responses. I am sure there are plenty of posts and i will go back and read them when I get some time. Has anyone on here actually did some live comparisons with the different tunes?
Old 08-13-2012, 11:11 PM

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedjunkie
Thanks for the quick responses. I am sure there are plenty of posts and i will go back and read them when I get some time. Has anyone on here actually did some live comparisons with the different tunes?
Actually I think, they were one of the first good tuner out there but it comes with a significant price tag!
Now there are other custom tunes out that are just as good if not better for 1/2 the price IMHO.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Senior Member/Vietnam Vet

Received 539 Likes on 369 Posts

If I were just going for performance, I would probably be all over the 5-Star setup, but I do heavy towing and trust Livernois the most for that. I understand that 5-Star says you can tow up to the limit with it, but I still feel safer with a tow only tune, and I am delighted with it. It makes a great daily driver.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:21 PM

Received 461 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaotic4life

Actually I think, they were one of the first good tuner out there but it comes with a significant price tag!
Now there are other custom tunes out that are just as good if not better for 1/2 the price IMHO.
You might want to check your pricing again
Old 08-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Inebriated 4 ur safety

Received 894 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaotic4life
I agree. I would have gave them more then a look over back before I bought the Superchips tuner that I had if it wasn't for the price tag along with the one tune at a time ability. I don't mind paying good money for things, but 1 tune at a time would not fit my life style. I am glad to see you guys finally getting to hold 4 tunes at a time. That might have been a game changer back then.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by jcain
You might want to check your pricing again
$599.99 for Livernois gets you one custom tune.

$325 gets you 3 canned tunes and 3 custom tunes from MPT.

Not exactly half price but pretty dang close!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Senior Member/Vietnam Vet

Received 539 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by TJFX2EB
$599.99 for Livernois gets you one custom tune.

$325 gets you 3 canned tunes and 3 custom tunes from MPT.

Not exactly half price but pretty dang close!
You must be their beta tester as you are the only one I've seen mention MPT, much less have one installed.

Quick Reply: Livernois F150 Tuning ????