Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Livernois EB tune in wifes EXPLORER

Old 05-22-2013, 12:15 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Livernois EB tune in wifes EXPLORER

I have a 5 star tuned Harley 6.2 and I just tuned my wifes Explorer with the 3.5 EB. I have to say that this thing really woke up. It was no slouch before but just the overall driving expereince is better. Im only running the 93 tow tune as she does tow a horse trailer on occassion and will eventually try the Performance 93 before long.

This isnt a 5star VS Livernois thread as I really like how both vehicles responded to their tunes. 5Star just doesnt have a tune ready for the explorer yet and I couldnt wait... Even though the livernois tuner is fairly easy to use I like the SCT tuner as far as ease of use though not a big deal.

I had to put my harley back to stock for inspections purposes and this is when you really notice the tuning not being there. Its like the truck wasnt fun to drive anymore, it looks like the explorer will be the same, they claim like 140 lb/ft and 75 wheels HP at 2700 rpms improvement. I have to say it is definently seat of the pants stronger.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Senior Member/Vietnam Vet

Received 539 Likes on 369 Posts

The tow tunes have about 95% of the performance tune, so you can just leave it. I can't tell the difference at the 87-89 level. However, I ran the 91 tow tune for a while and WOW!
BTW, if not being inspected by a Ford dealer another user passed emission inspection with his tune loaded.

Last edited by SkiSmuggs; 05-22-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:55 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs
The tow tunes have about 95% of the performance tune, so you can just leave it. I can't tell the difference at the 87-89 level. However, I ran the 91 tow tune for a while and WOW!
BTW, if not being inspected by a Ford dealer another user passed emission inspection with his tune loaded.
The issue is with the states computer, it will say the computer is ready for inspection and will not communicate to it. I took it to two different places and it did the same thing to make sure it wasn't just a glitch with the one shop. After loading the stock tune and driving a few miles I went back and had no issues . We don't do a smog tailpipe test it just communicates to the trucks computer to make sure there is no errors with any smog functions. Most shops don't even look for converters they just hook it up and if it passes the computer test your good to go.

Last edited by reward69; 05-22-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Livernois EB tune in wifes EXPLORER