Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Just ordered K&N air filter for my EcoBoost, anyone already have one?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just ordered K&N air filter for my EcoBoost, anyone already have one?

I was wondering if anyone else had installed a K&N air filter in their EcoBoost yet? I did a search, but nothing came up. I can't be the first?
Anyone have any feedback?
This is my first F150 post, great info guy's!
Old 04-15-2011, 05:51 PM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I want the airaid filter to hear the turbos. Nobody can get it yet. They also didn't show a kn. Weird
Old 04-15-2011, 06:19 PM

I got it fromAmazon, it confirmed that it willfit my 3.5 TT V-6.....
Old 04-15-2011, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemonademan
I was wondering if anyone else had installed a K&N air filter in their EcoBoost yet? I did a search, but nothing came up. I can't be the first?
Anyone have any feedback?
This is my first F150 post, great info guy's!
Im a newb on this forum as well, however im not new to forums/modding etc. I've owned some Cummins trucks and a 6.0 PS and from what I've learned from feedback is to exercise caution with turbos and less-restrictive reusable intakes that you oil yourself. These e/b engines are sooo advanced and you work hard for them. Good luck with your mod and let us know how she works for you!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:17 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am coming from a diesel an a K&N is a no no on a turbo, it allows silica and other small particles through that dusts the turbo like you sandblasted it.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Go Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

K&N Filters are garbage period. The performance gains from running an oiled gauze filter pale in comparison to the damage they can do to your engine. Stick with paper or one of the dry filters like the Amsoil EA series (Donaldson nanotech), aFe Pro Dry, or AEM Dry Flow. I personally prefer the plain old paper filters changed regularly. The power gains aren't worth risking your engine IMO, especially with a snail in play.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:25 AM

Received 108 Likes on 73 Posts

Absolutely the truth about silica sand, road grit etc just blasting right thru the K&N air filters. I lost 2 diesel engines, my dad 1, our friends 2, all because of the top ends getting dusted by grit going thru the K&N's.
DON"T DO IT TO A TURBO! The air velocities are just too high for the oiled filters to catch heavy grit. Seen it, payed for it.
The stock air filters are extremely good or the trucks wouldn't make the power they do. Just change them when you need too, and enjoy long engine life.
Heed the warnings from the above posts, it's for real.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:12 AM
Retired Sr NCO

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should have spent that money on a hooker. For that price you could have rented a 1 leg, toothless crack ***** for 30 minutes or so and it would not be so bad on the engine.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by TX Hoon
You should have spent that money on a hooker. For that price you could have rented a 1 leg, toothless crack ***** for 30 minutes or so and it would not be so bad on the engine.
You had me until the crack part ...
Old 04-16-2011, 09:11 AM

Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

I wish they made a dual paper filter intake. One for each turbo.

Quick Reply: Just ordered K&N air filter for my EcoBoost, anyone already have one?