Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

GOOD LUCK Ecoboost Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 09:33 PM
TCR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GOOD LUCK Ecoboost Owners

TOday was the final straw! I was pulling a medium loaded trailer back from Houston w/ the family in my Ecoscrew. My Wife, my 3 yr old and my 5yr old boys. I had to pull over on the shoulder to check one of the atvs we were pulling and I then had to pull back out into moderate traffic. THis is where the ecoboost SCREWED me! Traffic was coming up fast and I gave it 3/4 throttle, which normally takes off REAL well... well, guess what, the mf'n truck fell flat on it's face, almost died and the check engine light started flashing. LUCKily, the Ford Expo could change lanes and didn't use my trailer as a ramp to land into my damn truck. All I can say is I've always used premium fuel, for 2700 miles anyway... yes that's all this truck had on it! I was pulling a trailer to/from Houston so I was driving it w/ authority, not too light on the throttle, so there is NO EXCUSE for this truck to have acted up and put me and my family in harms way! THis, after the take off vibration issues that ford cant fix is the reason I am now a proud new owner of a 2012 Dodge Outdoorsman edition 4x4 Diesel 2500! I have owned 5 F150's now, and because of this Ecoboost, Ford's FALSE ADVERTISEMENT, it's horrible mileage and all the problems, I will NEVER own another ford as long as I live. I hope the rest of you have good luck w/ yours. If you use the truck as a truck, you will need it.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:37 PM

Received 3,928 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Sucks to be you. Mine has been flawless in the 9 months I have owned it.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NASSTY
Sucks to be you. Mine has been flawless in the 9 months I have owned it.
+1 towed several times and have over 14k on it......
Old 11-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Nathan

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like you did the right thing "for you." i guess I've had unexpected disappointments with almost every vehicle I've ever owned... Pontiacs, Fords, Nissans... you name it. It's hard not to hate the manufacturer when things like this happen. Hopefully your new truck will meet all your expectations
Old 11-26-2011, 09:45 PM
TCR

Yeah, it did suck to be me in that truck today.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good Luck with the diamond in a goat's *ss. Been there done that!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:54 PM
TCR

Originally Posted by 69428SCJ
Good Luck with the diamond in a goat's *ss. Been there done that!
This is my 3rd Dodge/Cummins, so I get what your saying. I'd say drive a new one before you talk though...
Old 11-26-2011, 10:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TCR
This is my 3rd Dodge/Cummins, so I get what your saying. I'd say drive a new one before you talk though...
I learned my lesson after 2. NEVER again will I venture to the Dodge lot. Seriously though...GOOD LUCK!! Nothing is more frustrating than owning a truck that doesn't get the job done for you. I almost left my EB on the lot with 4K miles on it. It took them 4 tries to get a nasty oil leak fixed. Since then...no issues.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I was very impressed driving the ecoboost but decided on the 5.0 since I didn't have a need for the low end torque. After seeing how many people are having issues with the EB I am happy with my choice. But on the Dodge issue, I test drove a laramie 1500 and was not impressed at all... Heard too many horror stories about Dodge
Old 11-26-2011, 10:10 PM

Location: After 20 + years in the foothills of the Sierras; I am now [back] in the south-end of Sunny SoCal!
Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by TCR
TOday was the final straw! I was pulling a medium loaded trailer back from Houston w/ the family in my Ecoscrew. My Wife, my 3 yr old and my 5yr old boys. I had to pull over on the shoulder to check one of the atvs we were pulling and I then had to pull back out into moderate traffic. THis is where the ecoboost SCREWED me! Traffic was coming up fast and I gave it 3/4 throttle, which normally takes off REAL well... well, guess what, the mf'n truck fell flat on it's face, almost died and the check engine light started flashing. LUCKily, the Ford Expo could change lanes and didn't use my trailer as a ramp to land into my damn truck. All I can say is I've always used premium fuel, for 2700 miles anyway... yes that's all this truck had on it! I was pulling a trailer to/from Houston so I was driving it w/ authority, not too light on the throttle, so there is NO EXCUSE for this truck to have acted up and put me and my family in harms way! THis, after the take off vibration issues that ford cant fix is the reason I am now a proud new owner of a 2012 Dodge Outdoorsman edition 4x4 Diesel 2500! I have owned 5 F150's now, and because of this Ecoboost, Ford's FALSE ADVERTISEMENT, it's horrible mileage and all the problems, I will NEVER own another ford as long as I live. I hope the rest of you have good luck w/ yours. If you use the truck as a truck, you will need it.

By God, I agree!!!

There is no excuse--EVER--for a motor vehicle to have a mechanical problem/breakdown!!!

I am sure that Dodge will always serve you well in that regard....in fact, they are so perfect, that Dodge does not even need a service department at their dealerships for other than oil service; or so I have been told.

Quick Reply: GOOD LUCK Ecoboost Owners