Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Flowmaster muffler specifically develped for Ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 10:53 PM
B-52 Chief

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talking Flowmaster muffler specifically develped for Ecoboost

Apparently, Flowmaster has developed a muffler specifically for the Ecoboost... There is no sound clip though and I haven't been able to find one . Wonder what the performance gains are beings it goes from 3" down to 2.5"... At $872 for the system, I'm just considering getting their 4" pro series muffler and having a shop fab up a 4" system for half the cost..

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/index.php?page=200
Old 12-25-2011, 01:35 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Interesting...I'm curious to hear how it sounds. There's a few ecooosts with 40 series I've heard that sound allright. Good find!
Old 12-25-2011, 03:20 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes, will be interesting to see how it sounds? I'm surprised they would announce/post it WITHOUT having some type of audio file/video to put with it. Especially since EVERYONE is curious as to what/how to get an Eco to sound somewhat decent?
Old 12-26-2011, 02:45 AM

Received 461 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by medicff0879
Yes, will be interesting to see how it sounds? I'm surprised they would announce/post it WITHOUT having some type of audio file/video to put with it. Especially since EVERYONE is curious as to what/how to get an Eco to sound somewhat decent?
Maybe it sounds THAT bad...
Old 12-26-2011, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

I'm new on this forum and I have one of the flowmaster force II pro series muffler designed for the ecoboost on my truck. Its sounds similiar to the 40 series but I don't think it is as loud though. Although i am a big fan of v-8's over v-6's with exhaust; it was a little annoying at first I will admit. At an idle has a nice tone to it though; will post a video with a sound clip once i get one. Hope that helps any.

Note: the hanger on the drivers side needs to be redone tip hangs 1/4 inch lower than passenger side.

2011 F150 XLT ecoboost 4X4 Dark Pearl Blue Metallic
Mods: Airaid cold air dam intake, flowmaster force II Pro series dual straight

Last edited by lil bit; 12-26-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:34 PM
B-52 Chief

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lil bit
I'm new on this forum and I have one of the flowmaster force II pro series muffler designed for the ecoboost on my truck. Its sounds similiar to the 40 series but I don't think it is as loud though. Although i am a big fan of v-8's over v-6's with exhaust; it was a little annoying at first I will admit. At an idle has a nice tone to it though; will post a video with a sound clip once i get one. Hope that helps any.
Welcome to the forum, I look forward to hearing this exhaust. I thought it would sound less aggressive due to it's straight through design vs the 40 series chambered muffler. I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on the 40 series and create unnecessary back pressure.

Did your butt dyno notice any performance vs stock? It will be interesting to see dyno results posted by Flowmaster for this exhaust to back up the $872 cost. Heartthrob has already shown that their 4" exhaust can provide an extra 40hp so I'm anxious to see what reducing the size by .5" is going yield...
Old 12-26-2011, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by ecoboosted
Welcome to the forum, I look forward to hearing this exhaust. I thought it would sound less aggressive due to it's straight through design vs the 40 series chambered muffler. I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on the 40 series and create unnecessary back pressure.

Did your butt dyno notice any performance vs stock? It will be interesting to see dyno results posted by Flowmaster for this exhaust to back up the $872 cost. Heartthrob has already shown that their 4" exhaust can provide an extra 40hp so I'm anxious to see what reducing the size by .5" is going yield...
I have not seen any dynos on the exhaust and as far as stock performance the day i got my truck i put a airaid cold air dam in it. But as far as major gains in any kind of power; from what i read on other forums, you will more than likely have to put a custom tune to fully take advantage of the freed up air flow do to the restrictive factory computer. Since I put in on it has not stopped raining so i can't really give it a good run from a stop i just fish tail everywhere from any speed below 20 mph, haven't had any success with traction control.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:11 PM

I have seen that it does pass and merge a little quicker than with just the intake; it also is a little easier on gas under everyday driving conditions. Also have not expirenced any drone at all. Will get a sound clip as soon as weather clears up down here though.

2011 XLT 4X4 ecoboost 3.55 limited slip
Mods: Airaid mass dam intake, Flowmaster Force II Pro Series daul straight outlet
Old 12-26-2011, 07:59 PM

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts

Sounds like psychological gains. I'm curious to hear the sound.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:31 PM

i think i know lil bit?

Quick Reply: Flowmaster muffler specifically develped for Ecoboost